How does Ekstazi work?

Darrell Kundel

Jan 14, 2015, 3:31:49 PM1/14/15
to eks...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll bite.

You mentioned here some things, namely:
Ekstazi implements a new algorithm that collects dependencies
dynamically.  This algorithm selects fewer tests than the algorithm
based on static dependencies.  Additionally, this algorithm supports
reflection, library changes, etc.  Finally, Ekstazi detects modified
dependencies based on the semantics of changes rather than on the
timestamps.

Care to expand upon this?  Any papers planned?

Also, any time frame on open sourcing?

This looks pretty bare:

Thanks,
-Darrell

Milos Gligoric

Jan 16, 2015, 12:01:37 AM1/16/15
to eks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darrell,

> Ok, I'll bite.

No worries.  We love all questions that are related to Ekstazi.

> You mentioned here some things, namely ...

We had a theoretical paper related to Ekstazi:
http://mir.cs.illinois.edu/gliga/papers/GligoricETAL14TestSelectionDVCS.pdf
(CAV 2014).  There are several other documents that we plan to
release.  We will announce them on this group, and hopefully these
documents will answer your questions.

> Also, any time frame on open sourcing?

We plan to discuss this next week when we meet.  Several features are
still pending.

Milos