News from NYC

Ellen Kushner

Nov 20, 2010, 10:01:25 PM11/20/10
to EKannouncements
Dear Boston friends:

Nothing planned for the Bay State this season, alas: I'm afraid both
of these events are in New York City - but embedded in the
descriptions are some news about new work of mine . . . and maybe you
or someone you know is headed into Manhattan for some holiday fun &
frolic? Hope to see you here - or there - one of these days!

Best,
Ellen

EVENTS IN NEW YORK CITY: December 2010

Sunday, December 5th
"Klezmer Nutcracker" Chanukah Party
I'll be reading, signing, and acting out the Good Bits from my kids'
book, THE GOLDEN DREYDL, with Dan Gordon (who originated the part of
the Fool in the Vital Theatre production of A KLEZMER NUTCRACKER
onstage), at The Shul of New York's Family Chanukah party-- which will
have plenty of fun stuff for kids & their parents to do.

I'm delighted to announce that the book, THE GOLDEN DREYDL, is now out
in paperback - though we'll also be selling the gorgeous hardcover, in
case anyone wants a book that looks like a bonbon!

Tuesday, December 14th
NYRSF Reading
It seems to have become an Annual Holiday tradition for The New York
Review of Science Fiction Readings to present Delia Sherman & me for
their December "Family Reading"!

Last year, I gave a sneak preview of my unpublished story, "The Man
with the Knives" - which has since been published in a gorgeous
limited edition chapbook (and will also be reprinted in Jonathan
Strahan's The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Vol
5) . . . This year, I'm going to offer a glimpse of "The Duke of
Riverside," a new story that takes place shortly after my novel
_Swordspoint_, and will be published this summer in NAKED CITY: TALES
OF URBAN FANTASY, edited by Ellen Datlow (St Martin's Press, July
2011).

>>> JUST THE FACTS <<<

12/5/10
Chanukah Party/ Reading & Signing of *The Golden Dreydl*
3:30 - 6 p.m.
The Shul of New York
at Center Stage
48 West 21st St. (between 5th/6th), 4th Floor
TICKETS: $10 advance, $15 at the door (includes 1 raffle ticket. Kids
2 & under free)
http://www.theshulofnewyork.org

12/14/10
NYRSF Reading w/Delia Sherman
7:00 pm
The SoHo Gallery for Digital Art
138 Sullivan Street (between Houston & Prince St.)
http://hourwolf.com/nyrsf/

* * * JUST THE BOOKS * * *

THE GOLDEN DREYDL
available in hardcover & paperback:
http://www.sff.net/people/kushnerSherman/Kushner/dreydlsplash.html

"The Man with the Knives" (Temporary Culture Press, 2010)
Limited edition chapbook with *gorgeous* artwork by Thomas Canty.
available at St Mark's Books, and by mail via:
http://avramdavidson.org/themanwiththeknives.html

Happy holidays to all - it seems ridiculous to be talking about
Chanukah so soon . . . but the first candle gets lit on December 1st
this year!