Big Read broadcast tomorrow night!

Ellen Kushner

Oct 19, 2011, 10:51:10 AM10/19/11
to EKannouncements
Hello, Boston! I don't normally send out announcements to you about
NYC events, but
(a) This one's pretty special;
(b) You might know someone in NYC who'd like it (in which case, please
forward this to them); and
(c) It will be webcast online for you to hear!

So you can listen in tomorrow night online:
Thursday, Oct. 20th, 5:30-10:30
http://www.centerforfiction.org

And now, the details:

The Center for Fiction (17 E. 47th St.) continues its month-long
celebration of the work of Ursula K. Le Guin - and thoughtful, edgy,
well-written science fiction and fantasy in general - with 2 more
events this week, both of which I'm part of:

TONIGHT: Weds., Oct. 19th
7:00 p.m.
*The Wave in the Mind: A Tribute to Ursula K. Le Guin*
Authors John Wray, N.K. Jemisin, Ellen Kushner, Michael Swanwick, and
moderator David G. Hartwell discuss Ursula K. Le Guin's legacy from
the Earthsea books to her influence on today's new writers.
Wine & booksigning after:
http://www.centerforfiction.org/calendar/big-read-the-wave-in-the-mind-a-tribute-to-ursula-k-le-guin
My writeup:
http://ellen-kushner.livejournal.com/370353.html

TOMORROW: Thursday October 20, 2011 #
05:30 pm - 10:30 pm
*EARTHSEA Marathon Group Read & Party!!!*

Some of New York City's finest actors, writers and musicians will
gather at the Center to read the entire novel aloud in a marathon
five-
hour event. Drop in to listen, enjoy some party food and wine...maybe
even to read a page or two yourself! It's a party plus a reading, a
chance for people to get together and enjoy good company and the work
of a contemporary American author whose work transcends genre. The
list of readers - which includes John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the
Angry Inch), Dion Graham (The Wire) & Barbara Rosenblat (pretty much
every audiobook you've ever loved!) - and details are here:
http://www.centerforfiction.org/calendar/big-read-earthsea-group-read

# THIS EVENT will be STREAMED LIVE at http://www.centerforfiction.org

More information on the Le Guin Big Read events, which continue
through Oct. 26th:
http://www.centerforfiction.org/events/the-big-read/

I am currently recording Audiobook version of my novel, SWORDSPOINT,
for Audible.com - it's great to be back in front of the microphone!
Hoping to be in Boston in December for a to-be-determined booksigning
for Delia Sherman's new novel, THE FREEDOM MAZE; I'll keep you
posted.

Have a great fall -
Ellen Kushner
http://www.EllenKushner.com