Happy Chanukah! with Dreydls and Knives for all

Ellen Kushner

Dec 1, 2010, 11:50:08 AM12/1/10
to EKannouncements
Tonight's the first night of Chanukah - and I got my present early:

Tor.com has just posted a reprint of my story "The Man with the
Knives" - it's up here online for all to read, beautifully laid-out
with illustrations by the great Thomas Canty (who did the cover art
for my first 3 novels):

http://www.tor.com/stories/2010/12/the-man-with-the-knives

And yesterday I read a review of this work that got me all choked up -
yes, you can still make a grown author cry:

http://www.rofmag.com/december-reviews/december-2010-book-reviews/

The story will also be reprinted in Jonathan Strahan's THE BEST
SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY OF THE YEAR: VOLUME 5, to be published by
Night Shade Books (San Francisco) in March 2011.

So happy holidays, all! And thanks to Tor.com for this chance to pass
on my gift to you.

* * *

P.S. This is not a tale for children . . . But we've got that, too!
My Chanukah book, THE GOLDEN DREYDL (based on the radio show I did
with Boston's Shirim Klezmer Orchestra), is now out in *paperback*
from Charlesbridge Publishing (Watertown, MA - Yay, locally-sourced
literature!). It's a great read-aloud book with illustrations by
Ilene Winn-Lederer, a short chapter book for young readers and
adventurers of all ages.

* * *

Warmly,
Ellen