Interfictions Improv Friday 11/13 in Inman Square!

Ellen Kushner

Nov 8, 2009, 7:30:46 PM11/8/09
to EKannouncements
Dear Friends,

As you may know, I'm a co-founder, currently serving as President, of
the Interstitial Arts Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to the
support, and promotion of interstitial art: literature, music, visual
and performance art found in between categories and genres – art that
crosses borders. We have just published our second anthology of
original writing, *Interfictions 2*, edited by Delia Sherman &
Christopher Barzak, and are celebrating with a multi-city chain of
readings, signings, and musical collaborations.

This Friday night we rev up the East Coast jam with an evening of
musical improv accompanying reading by *Interfictions* authors from
the Boston area:

Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30 pm
Lily Pad, Inman Square,
1353 Cambridge Street Cambridge, MA
http://www.lily-pad.net/
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161564374806&ref=mf

INTERSTITIAL IMPROV: WORDS & MUSIC

Conducted by author & musician Brian Francis Slattery, hot local
musicians Michael McLaughlin (keys and accordion), Joe Kessler
(violin), and Joe Dejarnette (bass) improvise soundtracks to the
readings of *Interfictions* authors Theodora Goss, Catherynne M.
Valente, Shira Lipkin, F. Brett Cox, and Matthew Cheney! Expect
sometimes raucous and sometimes sweet, sometimes despairing and
sometimes joyful, always interesting . . . art without borders.

This event is free, with donations accepted. 5-10 dollars suggested
donation, if possible. I will try to be there, but commitments in NYC
may keep me here . . . Please come if you can - we did one of these
last week in Manhattan, and it was truly a night to remember!

* * * * *

THE BOOK:
http://smallbeerpress.com/books/2009/11/03/interfictions-2/

* * * * *

The INTERFICTIONS AUCTION of Portable & Wearable Art inspired by
stories in *Interfictions* :
http://iafauctions.com/
New pieces daily -- please bid early & often for the perfect
interstitial holiday gift!

All the best,
Ellen

Ellen Kushner
http://www.EllenKushner.com
President, Interstitial Arts Foundation
http://www.interstitialarts.org

INTERFICTIONS 2 now available from Small Beer Press/IAF
http://smallbeerpress.com/books/2009/11/03/interfictions-2/