Delia Sherman's THE FREEDOM MAZE: published today, party next week!

1 view

Ellen Kushner

Nov 15, 2011, 11:45:17 AM11/15/11
to EKannouncements
Dear Boston Friends,

Why am I inviting you to a party in New York City?

Because
a) It's happening Nov. 22nd of Thanksgiving Week, and you might be
here visiting family or friends
b) It seems like a nice way to let you know about Delia Sherman's new
book, which was published TODAY!
c) We know you'll be there in spirit

So:

You are cordially invited to a party
to celebrate the publication of
THE FREEDOM MAZE
a new novel by
Delia Sherman
published *today* by Big Mouth House/Small Beer Press

Tuesday, November 22nd
6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Center for Fiction
17 E. 47th Street (between 5th/Madison)
NYC 10017

Our theme is time-travel: like the book itself, our entertainment will
periods. So drop by after work for 1860s Louisiana Planters' Punch and
1960s CocaCola Cake (and timeless cheese straws and deviled
eggs) . . . for songs of the Parlor and of Civil Rights played by
pianist Michael Hicks (and sung by you!) . . . . And, if you dare,
enter our Cake-Baking Contest!*

There will also be books to purchase. The Author will read and sign.

Or you can order an eBook right now at:
http://smallbeerpress.com/forthcoming/2011/03/02/the-freedom-maze/

"Multilayered, compassionate and thought-provoking."
—Kirkus Reviews (*starred review* for "Books of Remarkable Merit")

"Destined to become a classic of time-travel fantasy . . . It is,
quite simply, one of the very best books I've read in years."
—Terri Windling

"A seamless blending of wondrous American myth with harsh American
reality. . . .
[Y]ounger readers and adults alike will be completely riveted...."
—N. K. Jemisin, author of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms

"Adroit, sympathetic, both clever and smart."
--Gregory Maguire, author of Wicked

More info:
http://www.DeliaSherman.com
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=270397989662484
http://smallbeerpress.com/forthcoming/2011/03/02/the-freedom-maze/

*CAKE-BAKING CONTEST:
3 categories: Coca-Cola Cake, Pound Cake, and Freestyle.
Please bring your entry on a well-marked plate, with your name
prominently displayed.
All entries will be consumed on the premises. Entries will be judged
by a corrupt panel of Louisiana-style judges, based on deliciousness,
historical authenticity, and personal appeal.

Warmly,
Ellen Kushner

P.S. We are hoping to schedule an event in the Boston area in
January. I'll keep you posted! Meanwhile have a wonderful fall and a
great holiday.