Ellen Kushner: Boston in July!

1 view

Ellen Kushner

Jun 30, 2009, 11:08:12 AM6/30/09
to EKannouncements
Dear Friends,

We've been living in NYC for 3 years, now, and not getting back to the
Boston area as often as we'd like . . . but there will be 2 great
opportunities for us to see you in July:

Weds., July 8, 7:00 p.m.
PORTER SQUARE BOOKS*
Cambridge, MA
http://www.portersquarebooks.com/

Delia Sherman will be reading from & signing her
latest "New York Between" novel:
THE MAGIC MIRROR OF THE MERMAID QUEEN (Viking)**!
It's a sequel to CHANGELING, which the Washington Post critic said "do
[es] for Central Park...what Peter Pan did for Kensington Gardens!"
Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles, calls it
"delightful, witty, and magical."

THE MAGIC MIRROR... is for middle-grade readers (9-12) - and older
readers who appreciate snappy dialogue & multi-cultural in-jokes!

We'll also have a new anthology:
TROLL'S EYE VIEW, edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling (Viking):
Fairy Tales re-told from the Villain's point-of-view! Ages 8 + Up
Delia & I both have new stories in that one, and I'll be glad to sign
that, or any of my other books, that evening.

*Porter Square Books is a fantastic indie bookstore right on the Red
Line, with plenty of parking in the lot. It also has a little cafe.
**You can read more about New York Between & Delia's new book here:
http://www.sff.net/people/kushnerSherman/Sherman/writingchildren.htm

Thurs.-Sun., July 9-12
READERCON
Burlington, MA
http://www.readercon.org/
"Readercon is . . .either an annual literary conference (except it's
infinitely more fun than that) or an annual science fiction convention
(except we've stripped away virtually everything except talking about
and buying books). In the course of its twenty years, it has become
the standard bearer and role model for conventions that focus on the
literature." Regular guests include Samuel R. Delany, John Crowley,
Suzy McKee Charnas, Gene Wolfe, Catherynne M. Valente, James
Morrow . . . and us!

GOING TO MAINE?
Join us for the first
BRUNSWICK INTERSTITIAL ART SALON - MAINE EVENT
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Frontier Cafe
14 Maine Street
Brunswick, ME
207-725-5222
http://www.interstitialarts.org/wordpress/?p=98

Hope to see you in July!
Ellen

Ellen Kushner
http://www.EllenKushner.com

P.S. Want to join Delia Sherman's new Announcements list, for Delia
Only events in NYC? Please visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/delia-sherman-announcements/subscribe