Hear "Witches of Lublin" on WGBH Sunday 9pm

Ellen Kushner

Apr 5, 2012, 11:46:57 AM4/5/12
to EKannouncements
Dear Friends,

I'm delighted to tell you that our musical audio drama, "The Witches
of Lublin," will be broadcast on WGBH-89.7 FM (and on http://www.wgbh.org)
as a Passover Holiday Special THIS SUNDAY, April 8th, 9:00 p.m.

"The Witches of Lublin" tells the story of Rivke and her daughters,
women klezmer musicians in the town of Lublin, Poland in the year
1797. It is a celebration of music and family, of lost women's
history, with gorgeous performances by Tovah Feldshuh as Rivke, Simon
Jones as Count Sobieski, and a host of acting and musical talent
(including Neil Gaiman as the Count's lovestruck son!).

I wrote the script with my beloved colleagues Elizabeth Schwartz and
Yale Strom, the dynamic duo behind the band Hot Pstromi, the
documentaries "Klezmer on Fish Street," "L'Chayim, Comrade Stalin!"
and more.

"The Witches of Lublin" has already received 2 Audie nominations; our
producer/director, Sue Zizza, won a Gracie Award for Best
Director . . . and the show just won a Wilbur Award from the RCC (just
like "Sound & Spirit"!).

I hope you'll get the chance to listen.

"The Witches of Lublin" is also available to buy as a beautiful CD*:
http://www.thewitchesoflublin.com/buy.html

and as a download from Audible.com:
http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=pd_sim_auth_1?asin=B005J4WJJM

Warmest good wishes to you and yours for this holiday weekend,
Ellen Kushner
------------------
http://www.EllenKushner.com

"WITCHES" WEBSITE
http://www.thewitchesoflublin.com

INTERVIEW
http://audiblesff.tumblr.com/post/19954086001/review-and-interview-the-witches-of-lublin
I heartily recommend this in-depth interview with the whole team,
talking about our process for writing, recording, and creating the
music for this amazing production!

NOT IN BOSTON? Check out this page for our complete 2012 broadcast
schedule:
http://www.thewitchesoflublin.com/onair.html

*The CD has been nominated for an Audie Award for Best Package Design
- thanks to our wonderful artist, Ilene Winn-Lederer, and our design
team.