"The Man with the Knives" new book by Ellen Kushner

Ellen Kushner

Apr 26, 2010, 11:05:20 PM4/26/10
to EKannouncements
Dear Friends,

I am thrilled to announce the publication of my new story, "The Man
With the Knives," in a limited edition chapbook from Temporary
Culture.

The book is 32 pages, exquisitely bound & designed, with an original
frontispiece & interior decorations by Thomas Canty. Canty's work has
long been associated with mine, beginning with the amazing cover he
painted for my first novel, Swordspoint. The new story concludes the
events begun in Swordspoint, but can be read on its own.

The official pub date is Monday, May 3rd. All are invited to the
party in Manhattan, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
at James Cummins Bookseller, 699 Madison Avenue, 7th floor (betwen
62nd & 63rd), NYC.

Temporary Culture is printing 420 books only. When they're gone,
they're gone, so it is recommended that you order yours now.

400 books will be bound in handsome paper covers, at a price of $15.00
each (+ postage).
21 copies will be hand bound, offered by subscription at $250.00
(+postage).
A few copies will be offered with an inserted original pencil drawing
by Thomas Canty for the book (price upon request).

For details, including ordering information, please go to:
http://www.avramdavidson.org/themanwiththeknives.html

With good wishes,
Ellen
www.EllenKushner.com

*LINKS*

*Title Page: http://www.avramdavidson.org/knives-title.jpg
*First Page (with decorations by Thomas Canty): http://www.avramdavidson.org/knives01.jpg

*Temporary Culture: http://cargocollective.com/temporaryculture

*The Story of the Story--you can read (from the bottom, up) a
"realtime biography" of how I wrote it:
http://ellen-kushner.livejournal.com/tag/man%20with%20knives