Fwd: USHA Remembrance Day Event to Remember Mumbai Terror Victims

1 view

Shashi Shrivastava

Nov 14, 2010, 2:53:51 PM11/14/10
to Lal, shiv...@gmail.com, Naina Shrivastav MSEd., ekaldc...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: USHA HEADQUARTERS <hinduam...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Subject: USHA Remembrance Day Event to Remember Mumbai Terror Victims
To: moxy...@gmail.com

INVITATION

Namaste Shashiji!

 As we are aware of, two years ago, during the Thanks Giving Day weekend, one of the most horrific terrorist attacks in history was unfolded in India's commercial capital, Mumbai. The terrorist attacks by 10 Pakistani gunmen belonging to the Jihadi Terror Group known as Lashkar -e-Toiba, engaged in a 72 hour spectacle of murder and mayhem, as the whole world watched the live media coverage in shock and horror. More than 178 innocent civilians belonging to many nationalities and religions, were brutally killed. More than 300 suffered serious injuries. Today, many of those injured are trying to cope with continuing medical complications.

The United States Hindu Alliance (USHA), a non-profit, non partisan organization of Hindus, with the active support of many community organizations, is organizing a multi religious prayer meet to honor and remember the victims. We also want to send a message to the world that this type of savagery will not be condoned by civilized nations. We will continue to seek justice for the victims by putting pressure on various governments so that the perpetrators of this heinous crime are punished. We also expect governments to take decisive action to prevent such attacks in the future anywhere in the world.
As Diplomats, Religious and Community leaders, Elected Officials and others come together to take part in this event, we cordially invite you to attend this prayer meet.

Date:                November 27, 2010 (Saturday)
Time:               6.00 p.m. - 8.30 p.m.
Venue:            Washington Ballroom, Westin Grand Hotel
Address:         2350 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20037.
Admission:    Free , RSVP Required
Attire:              Formal (Indian or Western)

Please confirm your attendance by sending an e-mail to:
hinduam...@gmail.com

Thank you for your show of support and look forward to your participation.

Yours brotherly,

Gokul Kunnath
President
US Hindu Alliance