EJUG Meeting Tuesday, October 11: Using embedded languages to adapt to change

Basil Vandegriend

Oct 3, 2011, 1:46:01 PM10/3/11
to Edmonton Java Users Group
EJUG is meeting from 12 noon to 1pm on Tuesday, October 11th in the
Western boardroom in the basement of the Canadian Western Bank
building, located at 10303 Jasper Ave.

Topic: Using embedded languages to adapt to change

Dealing with the changing requirements of business can be one of the
toughest challenges facing our applications. Scripting languages
provide a powerful tool to help us face this challenge. This
presentation covers the use of embedded languages in Java applications
and its advantages.

Presenter: Ron Thomas

Ron is a senior consultant at CGI Edmonton and is passionate about
software craftsmanship. He has had an active role in designing and
developing software for companies of all sizes. In addition to
software development he also enjoys mentoring people and coaching
teams on software development and agile practices.

Ron Thomas

Oct 11, 2011, 9:11:21 PM10/11/11
to ej...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I hope everyone that attended todays talk enjoyed the presentation. The attached zip file contains the slides for todays presentation in addition to the source code files used in the demo. Everything is included with the exception of jruby-complete-1.6.4.jar (because of it's size). This should be downloaded and placed into the lib directory in order to run the files.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions,
Ron Thomas
EmbeddedScripting.zip