Gamesys Canada (online poker/gaming) is looking for talented developers

Kris Sabourin

Jan 10, 2013, 12:17:52 PM1/10/13
to ej...@googlegroups.com

Software Developer (Online Poker/Online Gaming)

Gamesys Canada is the newly created Canadian arm of the London, UK based Gamesys. Gamesys recently became the first provider of real money gaming on the Facebook platform. Most recently, Gamesys acquired Virgin Games. We are currently looking for talented developers to expand our operation in Edmonton.

We’re looking for hands-on Java developers interested in working in the fast-paced gaming industry. You will be responsible for overseeing the execution of software development from the conceptual phase to the testing phase using the latest tools and technologies. You will work with your team members to deliver elegant solutions and to troubleshoot difficult problems within set deadlines.

Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to car...@gamesys.ca

Responsibilities:

  • Handle server-side development for n-tier enterprise Java applications
  • Be responsible for production of high quality, maintainable code
  • Solve challenging technical problems within distributed environments
  • Work in a team using Scrum agile methodology
  • Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
Key Skills:
Essential:
  • Java development
  • Unit testing frameworks and unit testing best practices
  • Maven, Subversion
  • Embrace agile software development practices and tools
  • Ability to work collaboratively and with minimal supervision
  • Interest in online gaming, especially poker
Desirable:
  • Spring framework including Spring IOC
  • Database development (MongoDB)
  • ActiveMQ/Camel
  • Cucumber testing framework
  • iOS development
  • Ruby
  • HTML5
  • Lua
  • Worked on high-volume websites
  • Experience in gaming industry a plus
  • Knowledge of card games, especially poker a plus

Kris Sabourin