EJUG Meeting Wednesday September 17, 2014 at 4:30pm (NOT Noon!): Introduction to Apache jclouds

Basil Vandegriend

Sep 5, 2014, 3:02:01 PM9/5/14
to ej...@googlegroups.com

EJUG is meeting from 4:30pm (not noon!) to 5:30pm on Wednesday, September 17th in the Canadian boardroom in the basement of the Canadian Western Bank building, located at 10303 Jasper Ave.

Topic: Introduction to Apache jclouds

Apache jclouds is an open source multi-cloud toolkit for the Java platform that gives you the freedom to create applications that are portable across clouds while giving you full control to use cloud-specific features.

There is a great community behind this toolkit working together to provide a better experience for developers in the cloud. Our goal is to enable developers to build applications that work across many clouds. The result is cloud applications that are built in a shorter period of time and more portable.

Learn about how developers are using jclouds in their applications and what jclouds can do for you.

Presenter: Everett Toews

Bio: I'm a Developer Advocate at Rackspace making OpenStack and the Rackspace Cloud easy to use for developers and operators. Sometimes developer, sometimes advocate, and sometimes operator. I'm a committer and PMC on Apache jclouds, and co-author of the OpenStack Operations Guide from O'Reilly. In the past I've developed web applications, taught workshops at conferences including SXSW and Gluecon, and presented at conferences including OSCON and the OpenStack Summits. I love spending time with my family. If it's calm outside, we launch rockets. If it's windy, we fly kites.