Re: [eire-hug] Re: initial meeting - Tuesday 21 Feb, 6pm

John Lato

Feb 19, 2012, 1:05:12 PM2/19/12
to eire...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Ok, it's decided; the first meeting will be on Tuesday 21 Feb. at 6pm.
It might be nice to have it in a relaxed environment, so how about
Caulfield's Pub, on the Maynooth Main Street? There should be ample
parking nearby in the SuperValu car park for those who are driving,
and it's near the train station too. Plus, the piano bar should be
pretty quiet, so it's good for socializing. Is that ok with everyone?

John

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Simon Dardis <dar...@tcd.ie> wrote:

> Good for me too.
>
> Simon.
>
> On Feb 14, 7:20 pm, Oleksandr Manzyuk <manz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> From the data collected by doodle, it follows that (for those who
>> cared to enter their preferences) Tuesday, 21 February, 6pm is the
>> most convenient time for an initial meeting.  David also expressed
>> preference towards Tuesday afternoons, so I assume there are at least
>> 5 people willing to meet next Tuesday.  If there are no objections, I
>> suggest to stick with this time.  As for the venue, I suggest having
>> an initial meeting in Maynooth (for example, because the idea of
>> Eire-HUG was born here ;-)), and alternating the subsequent meetings
>> between Maynooth and Dublin.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Best,
>> Sasha
>> --
>> Oleksandr Manzyukhttp://oleksandrmanzyuk.wordpress.com

Oleksandr Manzyuk

Feb 19, 2012, 1:24:54 PM2/19/12
to eire...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM, John Lato <jwl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, it's decided; the first meeting will be on Tuesday 21 Feb. at 6pm.
>  It might be nice to have it in a relaxed environment, so how about
> Caulfield's Pub, on the Maynooth Main Street?  There should be ample
> parking nearby in the SuperValu car park for those who are driving,
> and it's near the train station too.  Plus, the piano bar should be
> pretty quiet, so it's good for socializing.  Is that ok with everyone?

OK for me.

--
Oleksandr Manzyuk
http://oleksandrmanzyuk.wordpress.com

Carlo Spaccasassi

Feb 20, 2012, 10:27:30 AM2/20/12
to Eire-HUG
Fine for me too, see you tomorrow!

Carlo

Andrew Butterfield

Feb 20, 2012, 10:53:59 AM2/20/12
to eire...@googlegroups.com
I should make it as well.

Andrew Butterfield Tel: +353-1-896-2517 Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero@TCD, Head of Foundations & Methods Research Group
Director of Teaching and Learning - Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/

Glenn Strong

Feb 20, 2012, 11:03:00 AM2/20/12
to eire...@googlegroups.com
Should be Ok for me too.

--
Glenn Strong
Asst. Professor, School of Computer Science and Statistics

David Rush

Feb 20, 2012, 11:08:20 AM2/20/12
to eire...@googlegroups.com
planning but not promising. I have kids coming down sick...

--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt

Simon Dardis

Feb 21, 2012, 10:59:48 AM2/21/12