Eiffel Graph complete void-safe

Victorien Elvinger

Mar 30, 2014, 4:51:24 PM3/30/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The complete void-safe version of Eiffel Graph is available at:

A branch with more advanced redesign is available at:

Note: The Memory Analyzer void-safe version of Anders, compiles with both versions.

Best regards,

Victorien ELVINGER

Emmanuel Stapf

Mar 31, 2014, 11:37:23 AM3/31/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Could you send me a patch for both changes so that we can review it as well?

Thanks,
Manu

Victorien Elvinger

Apr 1, 2014, 7:01:41 AM4/1/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The two patches are in the attched zip.

Note: First commits don't follow the local style guideline of Eiffel Software (al_ used instead of l_). A style update commit change it.

Best regards and good reviews.

--
For more messaging options, visit this group at http://forum.eiffel.com.
Information on the Eiffelstudio project: http://dev.eiffel.com.

--
Victorien ELVINGER
Responsable du F'ESSTIN des jeux 2011 ... 2013

Emmanuel Stapf

Apr 1, 2014, 12:13:41 PM4/1/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the zip however that’s a lot of small patches. Could you instead send me the combined patch?

Thanks,

Manu

Victorien Elvinger

Apr 1, 2014, 12:43:21 PM4/1/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

The patches in the attached Zip are unified commits, as requested ;)

Best regards,
eg_unified_patches.zip

Emmanuel Stapf

Apr 1, 2014, 1:27:48 PM4/1/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. I’ve only put the first patch for review at https://codereview.appspot.com/83240043/ because the second one has too many changes with respects to style and we have changed our internal rules so we should first review the important stuff before reviewing the styles anyway.

To clarify the new style guidelines, we have decided that all comments should be terminated by a punctuation mark. This is why we do not remove the final . anymore.

Emmanuel Stapf

Jul 25, 2014, 7:05:14 PM7/25/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victorien and Anders,

It has been a while and although we could not integrate your void-safety improvements for the 14.05 release, it is time to do this for next release. Could you update against the latest source code (most likely no major changes) and submit a final patch?

I'll take it from there and commit this in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Manu

Anders Persson

Jul 25, 2014, 7:08:01 PM7/25/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I am not able to do  anything for some weeks due to that I am not at home.

Anders

Emmanuel Stapf

Jul 25, 2014, 7:29:34 PM7/25/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com

That’s ok. Do you remember if you have changed anything since last time you put your patch? If not I can take it from there. I just don’t want to lose any changes you may have done in between.

Thanks,

Manu

Jul 26, 2014, 7:30:10 AM7/26/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I take a look for the next week...
I must check if the last changes are compatible with Anders 's work...

Best regards,

Victorien ELVINGER
Master Thesis at Chair of Software Engineering, ETH Zürich
Master Student in Services et Sécurité des Systèmes et des Réseaux, Université de Lorraine
Engineer Student at ESSTIN - Systèmes d'Information et Réseaux,
Responsible for F'ESSTIN des jeux 2011 ... 2013

Anders Persson

Jul 26, 2014, 12:34:32 PM7/26/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have not made any changes since last patch.

Anders

Victorien Elvinger

Jul 30, 2014, 4:49:00 PM7/30/14
to eiffelst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I didn't send the last pull-request to Anders on github to ensure compatibility with the last void-safty redesigns.

I attached:
- Eiffel Graph patch for complete void-safety
- Memory ANalyzer patch for complete void-safety, including Anders's changes and my pull-request for compatibilty purpose

If Anders is ok with the last changes, you can use these patches...

Best regards,

eiffel_graph_all_void_safe_2014-7-30.patch
memory_analyzer_all_void_safe_2014_7_30.patch