Winsocket compile errors

Anders Persson

Nov 29, 2014, 10:42:35 AM11/29/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I get plenty of errors when compiling my project. Alla similar to this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\\Include\ws2def.h(207) : error C2011: 'sockaddr' : 'struct' type redefinition
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\\Include\winsock.h(485) : see declaration of 'sockaddr'

I interpret it as I get both version 1 and 2 of winsocket. I use these libraries:

<library name="base" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\base\base-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="base_extension" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\base_extension\base_extension-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="curl" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\cURL\cURL-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="default_nino" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\web\framework\ewf\wsf\default\nino-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="encoder" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\web\framework\ewf\text\encoder\encoder-safe.ecf" readonly="false"/>
<library name="http" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\network\protocol\http\http-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="http_client" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\network\http_client\http_client-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="i18n" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\i18n\i18n-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="json" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\text\parser\json\library\json-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="sqlite" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\unstable\library\persistency\database\sqlite3\sqlite.ecf"/>
<library name="time" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\time\time-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="uri" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\library\text\uri\uri-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="wsf" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\web\framework\ewf\wsf\wsf-safe.ecf"/>
<library name="wsf_js_widget" location="..\EWF\draft\library\server\wsf_js_widget\wsf_js_widget-safe.ecf" readonly="false"/>
<library name="wsf_session" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\contrib\library\web\framework\ewf\wsf\wsf_session-safe.ecf"/>
<cluster name="cypress" location="..\cypress\" recursive="true"/>

I assume that curl use sockets but which other library use it and might introduce this conflict?

Regards

Amders

Jocelyn Fiat

Dec 1, 2014, 4:56:37 AM12/1/14
to eiffel-web-framework
Hi Anders,

This C compilation errors remind me the conflict when using Eiffel zmq lib and Eiffel libcurl.
In your project, are you using zmq ? I don't see it in the list of libraries you provided, but maybe you modified Eiffel libcurl in the past to work with zmq and you still have local modification?

When I try to compile a "cypress" example, it is compiling fine on my Windows 7 64bits machine, I will try to compiling it on a different Windows machine  (8.1 for instance).

Is your current project available somewhere? so that I can try to compile your project directly to try reproducing this issue.
There may be something specific to your project.

Regards,
--
Jocelyn

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn
Eiffel Software
805-685-1006
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

Anders Persson

Dec 2, 2014, 11:22:09 AM12/2/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
No I have not included ZeroMQ in thislibrary. I also thought about that. I will look into where I did the changes last time to see if I can find it.

I am using Wondows 8.0

Anders

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

Anders Persson

Dec 5, 2014, 2:50:52 PM12/5/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I built it at another WIndows computer without problems. I have to continue to investigate the problem. I also thought about the ZEROMQ but I can not find any changes at the moment in the socket part at that computer. I did, as I remember it, changes in the ZEROMQ library, but of course it seems to be something more.

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

Jocelyn Fiat

Dec 5, 2014, 4:06:25 PM12/5/14
to eiffel-web-framework
Hi Anders,

I also tried on a Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 without trouble.
You should check
- if your .lib files for EiffelNet or libcurl are not compiled with previous changes.
- if your .h files has no changes. From the Eiffel delivery but also from VisualStudio or SDK header files.
- if you don't have any specific environment variables that may interfer with C compilation

For now, those are the point I can imagine having an impact.

-- Jocelyn

Anders Persson

Dec 8, 2014, 1:48:21 AM12/8/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks, I will have htat in mind when I am investigating the problem. However I have noticed that my project build fine until I include sqlite3 in this project. I can also build one of the sqlie3 examples so the problem is only appearing when I combine these two. And only at one of my computers.

I still agree that it probably has someting to do with the conflict between  Eiffel zmq lib and Eiffel libcurl. I will try to do a clean install of Eiffel Studio 14.05 (or I might wait for 14.12)

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

Anders Persson

Dec 8, 2014, 4:05:33 PM12/8/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

After removing the 14.05 I had installed (not the final versionI noticed) and then install the 14.05 official release version it built without problems.

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25