#web-meeting autumn/2013

Eiffel Web Framework

Sep 24, 2013, 8:38:57 AM9/24/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Let's plan a web meeting about EWF

I suggest

   Thursday October, the 3th,
    12:00 to 13:00 UTC time
    13:00 to 14:00 UTC time

   Friday October, the 4th,
    12:00 to 13:00 UTC time
    13:00 to 14:00 UTC time

As usual, you can express your preferences between those choices and/or suggest other dates.
I know not everyone will be able to join due to wide range of time zones.

Agenda:
    - Current status
    - In-progress tasks
    - What's next?
    - Ideas?

-- Jocelyn
ps: this page can help visualizing the various time zones... (I am not sure about the exact timezone for Berend)

Olivier Ligot

Sep 26, 2013, 1:54:59 AM9/26/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com, eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm ok with both dates.

Regards,

Olivier

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 26, 2013, 4:31:56 AM9/26/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com, eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
By the way, by autumn, I mean ... around October (sorry to focus on localization)
Since this is not autumn for everyone on Earth.

Olivier Ligot

Oct 1, 2013, 12:56:56 PM10/1/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Any news on the chosen date ? 3 or 4 october ?

Jocelyn Fiat

Oct 1, 2013, 3:47:05 PM10/1/13
to eiffel-web-framework
So far, I know this is ok for Javier, and Olivier as well.
I may have missed other answers, if so, please confirm again.

Let's choose the thursday the 3rd, at 12pm UTC time.

I will send the meeting details before the start , a few hours before, or at least 15 min before the meeting.
Is it ok for you to use any of the following:
   - Google Hangout
   - Webex
   - Skype (ok for audio, but without screen sharing)

If no, please send me your preferences at least 3 hours before the meeting (if you do not want to use a specific tool, please let me know).

Thanks and talk to you soon.
-- Jocelyn

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn
Eiffel Software
805-685-1006
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

Colin Adams

Oct 1, 2013, 11:34:15 PM10/1/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to use webex (I don't know, as I don't think I have a working microphone on my computer).
Not skype.
Don't know about google hangout.

Jocelyn Fiat

Oct 2, 2013, 3:29:58 AM10/2/13
to eiffel-web-framework
  usually webex needs to run java applet, and then first it download it.
  so it would be good to be about 10 minutes in advance, this way you can try connecting and download whatever is needed before the real start of the meeting.

- About google hangout:
  I guess you can try from any google account

- Skype on Linux is not great (or used to be bad, I don't know now)

If needed, I am available to launch either a test webex meeting, and/or google hangout meeting.
So that anyone can try and eventually configure its machine.

Let me know directly if you want to do that.
-- Jocelyn

Olivier Ligot

Oct 2, 2013, 10:32:23 AM10/2/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Webex and Google Hangout are ok for me.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/eiffel-web-framework

[...]

Jocelyn Fiat

Oct 2, 2013, 4:16:24 PM10/2/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm in case this was not clear

Meeting: Thursday the 3rd of October, at 12pm UTC time. (tomorrow)

I will send in this group the meeting info
We will probably use webex. And if Colin has trouble finding a microphone, he will still be able to call with a regular phone (I guess webex provide a USA phone number for any meeting).

Jocelyn Fiat

Oct 3, 2013, 7:46:45 AM10/3/13
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Please join my meeting that is currently in progress.

Topic: EWF meeting
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2013
Time: 11:44 am, Greenwich Time (Reykjavik, GMT)
Meeting Number: 576 818 589
Meeting Password: ewf2013

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/e.php?AT=MI&EventID=242702957&UID=1453204982&PW=NOTA3NzQ1NGZi&RT=MiMyMA%3D%3D
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: ewf2013
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/e.php?AT=MI&EventID=242702957&UID=1453204982&PW=NOTA3NzQ1NGZi&ORT=MiMyMA%3D%3D

To join the audio conference only
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-792-6300

Access code:576 818 589

For assistance
1. Go to https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.