How do I get a subdomain

Anders Persson

Jun 8, 2014, 3:47:47 AM6/8/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am using DNS-service that gives me the possibility to use wild cards, e.g. I have a domain x.com and the DNS service forwards all adresses like any_name.x.com to my server. How do I get the domain name used in EWF_widget library?

Regards

Anders

Anders Persson

Jun 9, 2014, 7:27:00 AM6/9/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Seems that I can use the request variable to get it

Anders

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn Fiat

Jun 10, 2014, 3:47:45 AM6/10/14
to eiffel-web-framework
Indeed such value can be retrieved from WSF_REQUEST object.
Probably WSF_REQUEST.server_name
Otherwise check the various variables.

Note that you can compute an absolute url within the application using the function from WSF_REQUEST

absolute_script_url (a_path: STRING): STRING
-- Absolute Url for the script if any, extended by `a_path'

-- Jocelyn
--
Jocelyn
Eiffel Software