Github authentication

Anders Persson

Jan 17, 2019, 9:20:10 AM1/17/19
to Eiffel Web Framework
Is it possible to have two OAuth Apps to authorize user in the same webserver? I would like to have 2 different domain names to point to the same application. My alternative is to start two servers.

javier hector

Jan 17, 2019, 9:29:27 AM1/17/19
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
I guess you mean to be able to Auth to your site using different OAuth Apps Like <Login with Github>,  <Login with Facebook> , etc, yes it's possible.

You can check the oauth20 module in the Eiffel CMS code to get inspiration, to test it run the example and enable the module.

/Javier

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:20 AM Anders Persson <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to have two OAuth Apps to authorize user in the same webserver? I would like to have 2 different domain names to point to the same application. My alternative is to start two servers.

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Anders Persson

Jan 17, 2019, 9:34:34 AM1/17/19
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
I would like to do that also in the future but now I would like to have two different domains, e.g. aa.com and bb.com to use the same server. I then created two different GitHub OAuth application, one for each domain.

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

javier hector

Jan 17, 2019, 10:02:45 AM1/17/19
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
So your question is about a scenario like this

 --------
  ab.com   -------------\
 --------
                                  ---------
                                  Server
                                  ---------
 --------
  bb.com   ------------/
 --------

I think that it's possible, but need to be tested, you need to build your server to be aware of that.

So

bb.com then you need a kind of proxy to say   bb.com --> localhost:port/{domain}

/Javier

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 15:29, javier hector <javier...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Anders Persson

Jan 17, 2019, 11:19:53 AM1/17/19
to Eiffel Web Framework
Yes, I was also thinking of how to handle the Git HUB Cleint ID and Client Secret. I get one for each GitHUB Oauth.

eiffel-web-framework+unsub...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/eiffel-web-framework

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn Fiat

Jan 17, 2019, 4:59:25 PM1/17/19
to eiffel-web-framework
If both ab.com and bb.com DNS points to the same machine, no need for proxy.
When your EiffelWeb application handles the request, you know the request host name (ab.com or bb.com), so you can handle the difference here.
(it could be different css, or even template for the html page, ...).
But for your specific github OAuth concern, I don't know if Github OAuth allows to have api key that works for multiple domains (I don't think so), but you can register api keys for each domain
and in your EiffelWeb application, according to the request hostname, you will use one api key or the other.
I haven't tested this, but I think this is a solution for your issue.

-- Jocelyn

[...]

Jocelyn
Eiffel Software
https://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: https://support.eiffel.com
User group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eiffel-users

Anders Persson

Jan 18, 2019, 5:56:05 AM1/18/19
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
I will test with managing different api keys depending on the host name.

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25