Build problems when I switched from Souvarins EWF clone to EWF

Anders Persson

Sep 14, 2014, 1:58:30 AM9/14/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I got this problems (some others I have solved). Would be nice it you could give some help to understand the intention with these changes to make it easier to update my code.

Regards

Anders

VUAR(2): Non-compatible actual argument in feature call. IMAGE.make (shareimages) 101, 87
Error code: VUAR(2)

Type error: non-compatible actual argument in feature call.
What to do: make sure that type of actual argument is compatible with
  the type of corresponding formal argument.

Class: IMAGE
Feature: make
Called feature: make (a_label: detachable STRING_32; a_control: WSF_VALUE_CONTROL [G]) from WSF_FORM_ELEMENT_CONTROL
Argument name: a_control
Argument position: 2
Formal argument type: WSF_VALUE_CONTROL [STRING_8]
Actual argument type: WSF_INPUT_CONTROL
Line: 101
      imagetexts.force (text)
->    create n1_container.make (locale_manager.system_locale.translation ("New comment"), text)
      image_text_form.add_control (n1_container)

SAme as above but my class was WSF_HTML_CONTROL

VUAR(2): Non-compatible actual argument in feature call. UPLOAD_PAGE.initialize_controls (shareimages) 46, 39
Error code: VUAR(2)

Type error: non-compatible actual argument in feature call.
What to do: make sure that type of actual argument is compatible with
  the type of corresponding formal argument.

Class: UPLOAD_PAGE
Feature: initialize_controls
Called feature: set_upload_function (e: [attached like upload_function] attached FUNCTION [ANY, TUPLE [ITERABLE [WSF_UPLOADED_FILE]], detachable STRING_32]) from WSF_FILE_CONTROL
Argument name: e
Argument position: 1
Formal argument type: attached FUNCTION [ANY, TUPLE [ITERABLE [WSF_UPLOADED_FILE]], detachable STRING_32]
Actual argument type: attached FUNCTION [[like Current] attached UPLOAD_PAGE, attached TUPLE [ITERABLE [WSF_UPLOADED_FILE]], detachable STRING_8]
Line: 46
        create filebox.make_with_image_preview
->      filebox.set_upload_function (agent upload_file)
        create n_container.make (locale_manager.system_locale.translation ("Auto start Image Upload"), filebox)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] BASE_PAGE.is_session_active (shareimages)
Warning code: Obsolete Call

Warning: call uses obsolete feature.
What to do: update to new feature at your earliest convenience. The
  feature is still available but may be removed in the future.

Class: BASE_PAGE
Feature: is_session_active
Obsolete feature: uuid: READABLE_STRING_8 (class WSF_SESSION)
Obsolete message: Use `id' which is more general [2014-03]
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] FRIENDS_PAGE.add_friends_facebook (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] FRIENDS_PAGE.initialize_controls (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] START_PAGE.get_information_about_the_facebook_user (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] START_PAGE.save_local_communication_data_in_a_session (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] START_PAGE.save_facebook_communication_data_in_a_session (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] START_PAGE.save_facebook_communication_data_in_a_session (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] IMAGES_PAGE.initialize_controls (shareimages)
Obsolete Call: Call uses obsolete feature. Call to feature `uuid': Use `id' which is more general [2014-03] UPLOAD_PAGE.upload_file (shareimages)

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 15, 2014, 3:25:50 AM9/15/14
to eiffel-web-framework
Indeed, during integration of wsf_js_widget library into official EWF repository (under contrib section), we had to change a few interfaces to handle unicode.
In original version, the unicode support were half done, and there were many truncation from unicode to ascii string (STRING_32 to STRING_8 ... without any UTF_8 encoding).

Thus, the instances of STRING_32 contains the unicode version of the related value.

I hope this helps,
-- Jocelyn

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn
Eiffel Software
805-685-1006
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

Anders Persson

Sep 15, 2014, 3:46:58 AM9/15/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

thanks, your answer made me look after STRING problems and I found where I had to change

Regards

Anders