Catcall detected

Anders Persson

Nov 30, 2014, 4:43:17 PM11/30/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I run into this problem and I need some help to understand where the problem could be. The message says this:

Catcall detected for  argument#2 `a_action': expected  PROCEDURE [!ANY, !TUPLE [!WSF_REQUEST, !WSF_RESPONSE]] but got PROCEDURE [HELLO_APP, TUPLE [WSF_REQUEST, WSF_RESPONSE]]

it is the first call to map_agent_uri and looks like this:

map_agent_uri ("/", agent execute_welcome_user, Void)

and execute_welöome_user has this signature

execute_welcome_user (req: WSF_REQUEST; res: WSF_RESPONSE)

and has had for a long time without problem.

Regards

Anders

Jocelyn Fiat

Dec 1, 2014, 4:05:08 AM12/1/14
to eiffel-web-framework
about

map_agent_uri ("/", agent execute_welcome_user, Void)

Are you sure about that code? I don't know any map_agent_uri with 3 arguments.
Could it be `WSF_URI_HELPER_FOR_ROUTED_SERVICE.map_uri_agent_with_request_methods' ?

Anyway, for the catcall, can you check that you are compiling in "void-safe" mode,
see "Project Settings> target | Void Safety"
And also the value for
"Project Settings> target | Advanced > Are types attached by default?"

I recommend to have
  - Void safety: Complete
  - Are types attached by default? : True

Maybe in your case, this is the trouble, at runtime the type name is prefixed with a !  to say this is an attached type, without ! .. this means detachable.
So my guess is that you are compiling in void-safety mode which is good.
But you maybe not have the types attached by default. When this types are attached by default, this means that "foo: FOO" means  "foo: attached FOO" , if types are not attached by default, this means  "foo: detachable FOO".

Can you tell us if this is your issue?

-- Jocelyn

See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eiffel Web Framework" group.

Jocelyn
Eiffel Software
805-685-1006
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

Anders Persson

Dec 1, 2014, 5:30:34 PM12/1/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jocelyn

I think that the problem relates to that we had to switch of void safety when we started to use the sqlite library:

<library name="sqlite" location="$ISE_LIBRARY\unstable\library\persistency\database\sqlite3\sqlite.ecf"/>

that is not yet void safety, at least what we have seen. So our first step is probably to make that library void safety before we can continue using it. Or maybe it exists another version of it that we can use.

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

Anders Persson

Dec 1, 2014, 5:36:06 PM12/1/14
to Anders Persson, eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
I now saw that we have to include the sqlite-safe.ecf . I will test that and come back with the result

Regards

Anders

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25

Anders Persson

Dec 2, 2014, 11:17:50 AM12/2/14
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It was that we included the non-void-safe version of the sqlite library that gave us the problem since we then changed the settings for void safety.

Thanks

Vänligen

Anders Persson
+46 763 17 23 25