#web-meeting: Tuesday 2012-Sept-18 (poll)

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 10, 2012, 3:51:47 PM9/10/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We'd like to have a new web meeting about Eiffel Web Framework.
So I created a poll on doodle.com, to see what time is better for any interested people.

If you do not want to use doodle.com, please reply to this post
Please vote between the 4 differents UTC/GMT times are proposed

SEPTEMBER 2012, Tue 18
1) 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM  UTC
2) 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM  UTC
3) 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM  UTC
4) 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM  UTC
To see the various times around the world, you can check http://goo.gl/zc7fj

Kind regards,
-- Jocelyn

Olivier Ligot

Sep 14, 2012, 4:17:43 AM9/14/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just to let you know that I've created a wiki page for this meeting :
https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF/wiki/Web-meeting-2012-09-18

Feel free to edit this page, especially the agenda section.

Olivier

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 14, 2012, 10:10:26 AM9/14/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Usually we are using the google group to talk about agenda
that's why we start a new topic for each meeting.
Easy to find back, and usually we post the "minutes" if any in this topic.
But we can also use the wiki for that purpose as well, this would be
more structured and archived.
However, before the meeting we should post the agenda in this topic
(google group), and after, we should also post the minutes.

In any case, thanks Olivier for the initiative.
I take the opportunity to welcome Olivier to the EWF team.
Of course this is an open source project, so any user/contributors is
part of the "team", but for now, Javier, Olivier and myself (Jocelyn)
shows big interest to maintain the EWF project.
I guess we can identify 4 kinds of peoples in relation with EWF
- maintainers
- contributors (code, doc, bug reports, ...)
- users
- followers
(maybe we should also consider the "haters" to take into account
critics, but so far, EWF is not big enough to have "haters" ;) )

So Olivier becomes one of the "maintainer" of EWF, and I am happy of that.

If other contributor wants to join the "maintainer" team of EWF, and
spend some time actively on the project, please let us know.

About the upcoming meeting, It seems the time will be 19:00 - 20:00
UTC, so that Berend De Boer can join this time (all the previous web
meeting were during the night for Berend)
In the future we'll try to alternate the time, so that everyone can
join for time to time.

Regards,
-- Jocelyn
> --
> --
>
> See the site for the Eiffel-Web-Framework project at
> https://github.com/Eiffel-World/Eiffel-Web-Framework

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 17, 2012, 1:07:17 PM9/17/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
See  https://github.com/EiffelWebFramework/EWF/wiki/Web-meeting-2012-09-18  for details
I will put the webex meeting url before the meeting.

Talk to you tomorrow/tuesday (UTC time 19h00 - 20h00)
-- Jocelyn

Olivier Ligot

Sep 17, 2012, 3:00:04 PM9/17/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, I'll continue to talk about the agenda and post the "minutes" in google group, as well as using the wiki as a more structured way.

By the way, I've added an item to the "Future tasks", to talk about the graphviz-server project.
We could start by defining a more precise goal for this project, than see who wants to contribute (I'll be happy to contribute to this project), and see if we can define a milestone (as this is an open source project, this must not be a strict milestone, but just a direction that we try to follow). What do you think ?

I'm very glad to be a "maintainer" of EWF.
For those that don't know me, I'm an Eiffel developer for 5 years. I work in a Belgium company named "Group S" and we are using EWF internally. So, it's a pleasure to be part of the EWF team.

Regards,

Olivier

Emmanuel Stapf

Sep 17, 2012, 4:28:52 PM9/17/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com

Can you actually send the URL as well a few minutes before the meeting starts?

Manu

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 18, 2012, 9:08:05 AM9/18/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Here are the webex information

Topic: EWF meeting
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Time: 7:00 pm, Greenwich Time (Reykjavik, GMT)
Meeting Number: 571 869 430
Meeting Password: ***ASK ME IF YOU NEED IT***

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/j.php?ED=211265702&UID=0&PW=NZWNiMjBiZWIz&RT=MiMyMA%3D%3D
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: Pa55W3b!
4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/j.php?ED=211265702&UID=0&PW=NZWNiMjBiZWIz&ORT=MiMyMA%3D%3D

To join the audio conference only
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-792-6300

Access code:571 869 430

For assistance
1. Go to https://eiffel.webex.com/eiffel/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

Jocelyn Fiat

Sep 19, 2012, 2:58:12 AM9/19/12
to eiffel-web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you for the meeting.
It was interesting.

The *short* minutes are available on the wiki page

But among other, we feel effort on REST is critical, we want to focus modern needs implied by desktop application, mobile device, but also partial rendering of web pages (AJAX, AHAH, ESI, ...)
So the current and upcoming will focus on REST.

However we will also try to provide simple component to achieve simple web site, which is still important those days.

-- Jocelyn