Diagram tool in EiffelStudio doesn't always display inheritance and supplier links

Thomas Goering

Jun 12, 2024, 12:51:06 PMJun 12
to Eiffel Users
I'm having an issue with the diagram tool in EiffelStudio (tested with 23.09 on Windows). Can anyone please confirm this behavior before I open a support ticket?

Steps to reproduce (this should work with any project that includes more that one class and with at least one inheritance or supplier relation between the classes within one project's cluster, I describe it here with the project I tested it with):

- Open project in EiffelStudio installation folder: examples/studio/tour (you might want to copy this folder to another location...)
- Delete folder EIFGENs/classic/Diagrams if the project was already compiled and you used the diagram tool with it
- Open and compile the project in EiffelStudio
- Make sure link context tool is active (View -> Link Context Tool)
- In Browse tool click on class INVALID in cluster root_cluster
- Open Diagram tool, Disable Auto Hide, make sure inheritance and supplier links are not hidden (there are two toolbar buttons for it) -> one bubble for class INVALID is displayed
- In Browse tool click on cluster root_cluster -> four bubbles for the classes in the project are display and one inheritance link and one supplier link are displayed
- In Browse tool click on class INVALID in cluster root_cluster again -> again the one bubble for INVALID
- In Browse tool click on cluster root_cluster again -> No links displayed this time!!!
- Click toolbar button "Include all classes of cluster" and move mouse into diagram view -> links displayed again (just when you moved the mouse into the view)

It seems that the diagrams (they are stored in EIFGENs/classic/Diagrams) are not retrieved/displayed correctly. Initially it seems to be correct.

Yeah, I know this is a UI issue, but anyway...

Thanks,
Thomas

Ulrich Windl

Jun 13, 2024, 5:53:46 AMJun 13
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Despite of the issue I think that there should be Studio operations whenever you feel you have to delete parts of the RIGEN structure. I'm not sure about the support status when deleting parts while Studio is still open.

Ulrich