VWAB: Attribute body is never executed (expanded/detachable)

Brother Bill

Jun 22, 2024, 4:56:08 PMJun 22
to Eiffel Users
Full error message is:
Attribute body is never executed because the type of the attribute is self-initializing (i.e. expanded or detachable).

This is a warning, not an error.
The only class that can benefit from an attribute body is a Void-safe class.

For expanded or detachable, a mere warning doesn't seem sufficient.
The source code is ignored.  That should not be standard procedure.

What do the rest of you think about this?

Is there a preference to make this a full blown error?
How to configure that preference?

Ulrich Windl

Jun 23, 2024, 3:21:53 AMJun 23
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
I think assigning to a local variable that is never used afterwards also isn't an error. AFAIR.