eID Internet Explorer

Frank Cornelis

May 30, 2017, 2:45:30 AM5/30/17
to eid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

With the availability of Java 9 this summer, we are forces to phase out
the usage of Java within the web browser. Hence we have to replace the
eID Applet runtime by alternative solutions to read out the eID card.
Both the Google Chrome and the Firefox web browsers already use the eID
Chrome runtime to connect to the eID-card. The eID Chrome runtime has
been in production for several years now and has proven to be a worthy
cross-platform solution.

As for Internet Explorer, we will soon change the production eID runtime
from the eID Applet towards the eID Chrome runtime. Of course it is of
eminent importance to us that this new solutions has been adequately
tested in the field. Hence we offer this new solution for Internet
Explorer for testing via our T&A eID Identity Provider at:
https://www.e-contract.be/eid-idp-sp/

Please send us your feedback on this, both positive as negative, to info
at e-contract.be. Please always mention the version of both Windows and
the version of Internet Explorer.

Kind Regards,
Frank.

--