Type 6 Enneagram Description

Fenna Jaggers

Jul 21, 2024, 4:45:58 AM (yesterday) Jul 21
to ehcache-users

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), driven Threes suddenly become disengaged and apathetic at Nine. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), vain, deceitful Threes become more cooperative and committed to others, like healthy Sixes. Learn more about the arrows.

To this end, Threes learn to perform in ways that will garner them praise and positive attention. As children, they learned to recognize the activities that were valued by their parents or peers, and put their energies into excelling in those activities. Threes also learned how to cultivate and develop whatever about them is attractive or potentially impressive.

type 6 enneagram description

Download ✯✯✯ https://cinurl.com/2zv5iG

Everyone needs attention, encouragement, and the affirmation of their value in order to thrive, and Threes are the type which most exemplifies this universal human need. Threes want success not so much for the things that success will buy (like Sevens), or for the power and feeling of independence that it will bring (like Eights). They want success because they are afraid of disappearing into a chasm of emptiness and worthlessness: without the increased attention and feeling of accomplishment which success usually brings, Threes fear that they are nobody and have no value.

Level 1 (At Their Best): Self-accepting, inner-directed, and authentic, everything they seem to be. Modest and charitable, self-deprecatory humor and a fullness of heart emerge. Gentle and benevolent.

Level 8: Devious and deceptive so that their mistakes and wrongdoings will not be exposed. Untrustworthy, maliciously betraying or sabotaging people to triumph over them. Delusionally jealous of others

Over-stressing the body for recognition. Working out to exhaustion. Starvation diets. Workaholism. Excessive intake of coffee, stimulants, amphetamines, cocaine, steroids or excessive surgery for cosmetic improvement.

The Riso-Hudson Books offer the most complete type descriptions available anywhere. Personality Types is the most complete, in-depth, systematic treatment of the nine types and the Enneagram system as a whole, and The Wisdom of the Enneagram provides the comprehensive guide to psychological and spiritual growth for the nine personality types.

Learn a New Way To Cultivate Healthier Relationships. Getting to know your Enneagram compatibility among different enneagram types can be of great help to provide more insight into a relationship and lead to new levels of health. Get to know your Enneagram compatibility with Others Enneagram Types

The Enneagram (Ennea=9, Gram=Diagram) is simply a map (GPS) for self-discovery and personal growth based on 9 basic personality types. The Enneagram accurately and clearly describes why you think, feel and behave in particular ways based upon your core fears and core desires.

The power of the Enneagram is in its ability to harness and transform self-limiting behaviors into life-enhancing personal empowerment. The gift of the Enneagram is that through self-discovery, one can create and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships with others, God and themselves.

To verify your Type, take our free assessment and download our 9 Types Overview. This download provides a brief, bite-size description for each type. Find the type that has your Core Desire, Core Fear, and Core Weakness. Plus the message your heart longs to hear should strongly resonate with you. This will help you confirm your Type.

Leading the way in teaching the Gospel-centered Enneagram, Hosts Beth and Jeff McCord want to make personal awareness and growth accessible to everyone, everywhere so they can experience freedom in every area of their lives.

This resource will help you take Enneagram information and apply it for real transformation. Throughout each episode, Beth and Jeff will point you to Christ, because while the Enneagram is an amazing tool, the Gospel is what brings lasting change!

If you have been around me during the past year, and we've had a conversation for more than 10 minutes, I guarantee that the enneagram has come up in my dialogue. What can I say, when I'm into something, I am really into it, and the enneagram is no exception. It has revolutionized the way I think about myself, my relationships, and most importantly, my marriage.

Now, for those of you who are reading this and thinking, "What the heck is the enneagram?!" I've got you covered. My best friend Kelsey is the one who first introduced me to this personality typing system, a description which doesn't even begin to do this tool justice. She has consolidated her favorite resources here, so give them a look through before you read any further:

Now that you've had time to do your research, let's get into the good stuff. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am an enneagram 1, or "The Perfectionist". My type is marked by being very driven, very hard on oneself, and fueled by the desire to do everything the right way. I have high standards, high values, and at my best, I just want to reform the things around me. I have a very strong 2 wing, which in enneagram speak, means that I adopt some personality traits from one of the types next to me on the circle. My 2 wing makes me very relationship oriented, but it can also give me an insatiable desire to help or "fix" people when the help isn't asked for.

My husband Ross is the quintessential 7 on the enneagram. 7's are driven by fun, freedom, and a need to avoid pain at all costs. They are the person you want to travel with - always up for an adventure, always throwing out their next big idea, and great at inspiring those around them with their zest for life. At their worst, 7's have a tendency to be a bit flaky; they struggle with commitment because they're worried about being tied down or missing out on the next big thing. They don't enjoy pain, which can also translate to conflict, and shying away from a tough conversation can be the norm for an unhealthy 7. They don't place expectations on others, and they rebel when someone, be it an employer, teacher, or friend, places expectations on them.

I love the enneagram because it puts the emphasis on what motivates you, not just how you act. For instance, Ross and I are both very driven, but I'm fueled by creating the perfect world for myself and impacting others, and he is fueled by freedom and flexibility. Any number, when it does the self-work it requires to become healthy, can flourish and utilize its best qualities. In the same breath, any number who is living in a state of unhealth can wreak havoc on their lives and their relationships. So, let's bring this full circle to my marriage.

As you might have guessed from the descriptions above, Ross and I can easily butt heads in the category of expectations. I expect things to be done a certain way, and my standards can seem lofty, even when I'm not trying to directly impose my goals onto him. The level of expectation that I carry into every area of my life can feel suffocating. Because Ross is a go-with-the-flow kind of guy, he is the first to encourage me and calm me down in times of stress, but he also has a tendency to very much avoid anything too serious. So, if he feels my need to discuss finances, scheduling, or anything stressful, it's not unusual for him to run away from it.

Another key thing to know about the enneagram is that each number can adopt qualities from another number across the circle in times of stress and times of success. If you look at the diagram above, you'll see what I mean. It just so happens that 1's go to 7 in success, and 7's go to 1 in stress. This explains why I'm more fun on vacation than I am at home; I can easily let loose. And Ross, when struggling with stress in business, has a tendency to be very critical and negative, just like an unhealthy 1 might be. Learning about stress and success numbers gave me context to understand why we act so "out of character" in different seasons and circumstances.

Now, when Ross and I get in a fight or a serious discussion, I realize that he can't easily come back with an answer the way I can because he needs to think and process (7's are in the head triad, another nuance of the enneagram). I live in the anger triad, and I have noticed myself becoming resentful over unmet and unfair expectations that I need to let go of. He needs me to set aside time and space for the heavy conflicts, rather than just throw them out at a time I deem is best. I have also seen how I place expectations on Ross that are pointless, like picking up his clothes immediately when he gets home just because that's what I would do. There isn't a right and wrong way to do everything, even if I choose to live that way. He needs my affirmation more than my "help", and I need to let him have his process in order to see his best work.

These are just a handful of examples, and I'm uncovering more every day. If you have never looked into the enneagram, I cannot recommend it enough, and I loved reading The Road Back to You by Ian Cron and Suzanne Stabile. It's an excellent and easy reference to learn about each type. You should also check out my cousin-in-law Hunter's Facebook page for great educational resources on the enneagram.

Below is a summary of what I think are the Enneagram types of BTS members. The blogs that follow this blog explore my reasoning for this speculation or hunch, and I know I could be incorrect in this. That said, I offer data and reasoning to support my conjectures, both of which are very important when identifying both our types and when helping others find theirs.

Ginger Lapid-Bogda PhD, author of nine Enneagram books, is a speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach. She provides certification programs and training tools for business professionals around the world who want to bring the Enneagram into organizations with high-impact business applications. TheEnneagramInBusiness.com gin...@theenneagraminbusiness.com

In my previous post, I shared about my discovery of the Enneagram. Just to review, the Enneagram is a tool that helps you unlock and understand yourself better. Ian Cron, co-author of the book "The Road Back To You," says this: "By challenging us to bravely explore who we really are, the Enneagram helps us recognize and overcome self-defeating patterns of behavior and to become our most authentic selves."

e59dfda104