Re: [EggBot] extensions not working in OX 10.8.2

Windell H. Oskay

Sep 30, 2012, 7:04:46 PM9/30/12
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 30, 2012, at 5:28 PM, maui maker <er...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> Inkscape extensions have stopped working since I upgraded to OS X (10.8.2).
> When testing my Eggbot I get this: "The fantastic lxml wrapper for libxml2 is required by inkex.py and therefore this extension. Please download and install the latest version from http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/lxml/, or install it through your package manager by a command like: sudo apt-get install python-lxml"
> I have tried downloading this:EggBot2.2.2.r2.mpkg.zip - eggbotcode - Mac installer for Eggbot extensions for Inkscape, version 2.2.2 - Code for the Original Egg-Bot - Google Project Hosting
> Still no help.
> I am running Inkscape 48.2. (the latest I think)
> Anyone have a suggestion?

First, install a fresh copy of Inkscape. Then, try installing this set of extensions:
http://code.google.com/p/eggbotcode/downloads/detail?name=EggBot2.3.1.r3s.mpkg.zip

Please let me know if it works!

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Science LLC
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150
Sunnyvale CA 94086
http://evilmadscience.com/

DIGICONDUCTOR

Nov 2, 2013, 11:54:08 AM11/2/13
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!!! OSX 10.9 it's working great

Firdaus

Nov 4, 2013, 11:25:54 AM11/4/13
to Eggbot
I have upgraded to Mac OS Maverick. I installed the latest stable version of Inkscape.

When I try to install the new eggbot extension I get this error message:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Couldn't open "EggBot2.3.1.r3s.mpkg".

Please advise

Dr Dastoor

Dr Dastoor

Firdaus

Windell H. Oskay

Nov 4, 2013, 1:23:46 PM11/4/13
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com

On Nov 4, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Firdaus <dast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have upgraded to Mac OS Maverick. I installed the latest stable version of Inkscape.
>
> When I try to install the new eggbot extension I get this error message:
>
> The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
>

> Couldn't open "EggBot2.3.1.r3s.mpkg".
>
> Please advise

We're looking into it today.

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150
Sunnyvale CA 94086
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Windell H. Oskay

Nov 4, 2013, 4:21:20 PM11/4/13
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com

On Nov 4, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Firdaus <dast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have upgraded to Mac OS Maverick. I installed the latest stable version of Inkscape.
>
> When I try to install the new eggbot extension I get this error message:
>
> The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
>

> Couldn't open "EggBot2.3.1.r3s.mpkg".

I'm not sure exactly what the error was (we were unable to reproduce that particular one), but we've made a new version of the installer that now works well on Mavericks (at least on our machines here). Would you please give this a try?

http://code.google.com/p/eggbotcode/downloads/detail?name=EggBot2.3.1.r4s.zip

Cheers,
-Windell

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.