Getting eggbot pro

Tony

Dec 8, 2014, 9:12:53 PM12/8/14
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
My wife bought me an Egg Bit Pro for Christmas. The box sure looks small. Can't wait to try it . Can you import Eps files into Inkscape then save them out as SVG FILES?

Robert Sloan

Dec 8, 2014, 10:59:14 PM12/8/14
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
This is not something I've done, but I found this in the Inkscape wiki (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_asked_questions):

What formats can Inkscape import/export?

Inkscape natively supports opening or importing SVG, SVGZ (gzipped SVG), PDF, and AI (Adobe Illustrator) formats.

With the help of extensions, Inkscape can open a number other vector formats. For importing PostScript or EPS, you need to install Ghostscript and make sure ps2pdf is in your PATH. For formats of Dia, XFig, or Sketch, you need to have these programs installed. For CorelDraw, CGM, and SK1 files, you need to have UniConverter installed.

Inkscape can natively import most raster formats (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.) as bitmap images, but it can only export PNG bitmaps.

Inkscape can save as SVG, SVGZ, PDF, Postscript/EPS/EPSi, LaTeX (*.tex), POVRay (*.pov), HPGL, and others.

Inkscape v0.46 and earlier supported export to the Adobe Illustrator version 8.0 file format which is a modified form of the EPS level 2 format. This support has been removed since Adobe Illustrator versions 10 (2001) and later can directly import SVG files. This is a better solution as the quality of the AI export was poor.

On Dec 8, 2014, at 8:12 PM, Tony <200...@comcast.net> wrote:

My wife bought me an Egg Bit Pro for Christmas. The box sure looks small. Can't wait to try it . Can you import Eps files into Inkscape then save them out as SVG FILES?

Tony

Dec 9, 2014, 9:38:52 AM12/9/14
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response!

Windell Oskay

Dec 9, 2014, 1:10:58 PM12/9/14
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
We do often import EPS, but IIRC, that is only possible because we also have ghostscript installed (on our Macs).

Here's an article about installing ghostscript for EPS import on Windows: