Help installing EggBot v2.4.0 on macOS

William Nash

Mar 14, 2017, 1:26:37 PM3/14/17
to EggBotUser

Hello,

I am having trouble installing EggBot v2.4.0 for mac OS.

I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.3; I have installed Inkscape 0.91 ( with most current X11 Xquartz).  Inkscape is in my applications menu and does run.  When I begin to install EggBot v2.4.0, I get to "select a Destination" and I get this error stating  "EggBot extextion for Inkscape can't be installed on this disk.  You need to have Inkscape 0.47 or higher installed in you Application folder to proceed."

I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping resolve what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Bill
Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.15.43 AM.png

Windell H. Oskay

Mar 14, 2017, 1:33:30 PM3/14/17
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,
You're trying to install a very old version of the software that doesn't work with current versions of Inkscape.

Since we've had several other inquiries about 2.4.0 recently, I'm guessing that you're following directions provided by an off-brand EggBot clone maker, who doesn't actually test things on Macs.

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 5:30 AM, William Nash <wen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble installing EggBot v2.4.0 for mac OS.

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150