Bouncing pen driven by servo motor

Florian Boese

Mar 26, 2015, 12:18:29 PM3/26/15
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guy,

first I would to register me on the egg-bot forum, but I didn't get an Email to confirm.

However,
I got my new cool EggBot, but I have a big problem with the distal pen arm. If the pen should go to the up position it begins to bounce. So the pen swings up and down.
The servo motor stays at his position.
I don't know how to explain it better, but I hope you guys could understand me.

Happy egg printing ;)

Windell H. Oskay

Mar 26, 2015, 1:46:28 PM3/26/15
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 6:08 AM, Florian Boese <floria...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Guy,
>
> first I would to register me on the egg-bot forum, but I didn't get an Email to confirm.

Your registration went through fine; you might want to check your spam collectors to see if it got stuck somewhere.

> However,
> I got my new cool EggBot, but I have a big problem with the distal pen arm. If the pen should go to the up position it begins to bounce. So the pen swings up and down.
> The servo motor stays at his position.
> I don't know how to explain it better, but I hope you guys could understand me.

Can you please say which EggBot model?

If it's one of the kit versions (any other than the EggBot Pro), then I'd suggest removing the hinge clamp/distal pen arm assembly (by using the hex screw on the proximal pen arm). Without the distal pen arm in place, does the servo still behave the same way? If not, you may need to set up the servo arm position again. If it does, please contact customer support directly-- either your servo motor or the EBB driver board has a problem.

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150