Inkscape stroke line has changed

Peter Esso

Oct 29, 2019, 3:33:43 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
The stroke line Has changed from equal width throughout it's length to one that tapers its length to a point. How do I change it back?

Windell Oskay

Oct 29, 2019, 3:49:24 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Do you mean that the way that the line looks on your screen in Inkscape has changed?

Peter Esso

Oct 29, 2019, 4:25:48 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Yes, this is how it appears on screen. Stroke left to right with a width oof 4. it begins at the left end as a 4 and then slowly tapers to the right in width to a 0. The stroke used to begin on the left with a width of 4 and continue to the right staying as a 4.

Windell Oskay

Oct 29, 2019, 4:36:26 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Without looking at the SVG file, it's hard to be sure what the cause is.

One thing that it could be is a path effect. You might try is selecting the path, and selecting Path > Remove Path Effect from the menu.

Peter Esso

Oct 29, 2019, 5:34:27 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Tried but no help.

Windell Oskay

Oct 29, 2019, 5:39:22 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Can you post the SVG file?

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 2:34:27 PM UTC-7, Peter Esso wrote:
Tried but no help.

Peter Esso

Oct 29, 2019, 7:55:34 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
"Wendell you are dealing with an 85 year old man" How do I get the SVG file and how do I send it? Would it be easier to do this with email?

Windell Oskay

Oct 29, 2019, 7:59:49 PM10/29/19
to EggBotUser
Isn't this email?