setting pen arm for set up

Elizabeth McConnell

Dec 28, 2015, 6:41:56 PM12/28/15
to EggBotUser
I finished putting together my first eggbot, and am trying to set up the pen arm so it raises and lowers the right distance. when i go into eggbot controls and set the numbers then hit apply i get this message

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "eggbot.py", line 1373, in <module> e.affect()
   File "/Applications/inkscape.app/contents/resources/

lots of stuff

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/

it won't let me cut and paste the message.

i checked that the cord was plugged into the correct place, and when i plug it in the pen arm moves up and down, but won't in the program asks it to

Windell H. Oskay

Dec 28, 2015, 6:45:30 PM12/28/15
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elizabeth,
It's sufficient to say that you got a software error-- the configuration of the Eggbot, its cords, and so forth are not contributing factors.

Can you please say what operating system version you have, which Inkscape version you have, and what version of the EggBot extensions you have? You can find the EggBot version number listed on the far-right "*" tab of EggBot Control.
Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150