Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed.

f. laan

Feb 1, 2017, 12:35:34 PM2/1/17
to EggBotUser
Hi, I`m a newbie und have big problems by the installation of the software. I installed Inkscape and the Eggbot Extension. But I receive allways this error:

Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed.  The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results will not be as expected.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eggbot.py", line 1406, in <module>
    e.affect()
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\inkex.py", line 283, in affect
    self.effect()
  File "eggbot.py", line 281, in effect
    self.EggbotOpenSerial()
  File "eggbot.py", line 1299, in EggbotOpenSerial
    self.serialPort = self.getSerialPort()
  File "eggbot.py", line 1356, in getSerialPort
    for strComPort in eggbot_scan.findEiBotBoards():
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\eggbot_scanwin32.py", line 6, in findEiBotBoards
    hKey = _winreg.OpenKey( hReg, r"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_04D8&PID_FD92" )
WindowsError: [Error 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

I`m using Win10, Inkscape 0.92, Python 2.7.5

Have somebody an idea, how can I fix this?

Thanks, flo

Windell H. Oskay

Feb 1, 2017, 12:48:23 PM2/1/17
to eggbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flo,
Inkscape 0.92 is not yet supported*. Our installation instructions do specify 0.91 directly. If you still encounter the same error on 0.91, please contact technical support directly, and I'll follow up one-on-one: http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/contact

(*Two reasons: 0.92 is not yet available for all platforms. And, there are still some significant bugs that will be fixed in new releases coming soon. One of the more serious issues is discussed here: http://www.peppercarrot.com/en/article396/new-inkscape-0-92-breaks-your-previous-works-done-with-inkscape )
Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150