multiplying two sparse float matrices

Martin Kiechle

Dec 5, 2019, 7:52:56 AM12/5/19
to efficient-java-matrix-library-discuss
Hello,

I have been using sparse matrix multiplication successfully using the CommonOps_DSCC.mult(A, B, C) method.
Now I would like to replace my double precision matrices with float matrices (A,B,C), however, I can't find the corresponding multiply method.
Happy for any pointers on how to achieve this with EJML.

Thanks a lot,
Martin

Peter A

Dec 15, 2019, 4:39:03 PM12/15/19
to efficient-java-mat...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the slow reply, just noticed the message. Currently there isn't float sparse support. That''s left over baggage from when the sparse code was being developed.

Just spent a few minutes to update the autogenerated code. It went 95% smooth. A few unit tests are failing. The only ones which I'm uneasy about are the ones which check the sparse structure. That shouldn't fail when converting code from 64 to 32 bits. So you can give it a try, but this is very much experimental code. Pushed the SNAPSHOT jars to the repo if you want to try it out.

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

Martin Kiechle

Dec 16, 2019, 2:46:15 AM12/16/19
to efficient-java-mat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply and the support. Really awesome that you made the necessary adjustments. I'll check it out (probably next week), look into the failing tests and report any findings.
Cheers,
Martin