Froog Neural Network in EJML

Matías Roodschild

Oct 1, 2018, 8:24:29 PM10/1/18
to efficient-java-matrix-library-discuss
Hello everyone, I'm working on a neural network called "Froog", which is fully developed with EJML.
If someone is interested in joining the project or using the tool is welcome.
Regards!

The project url is:

Peter A

Oct 2, 2018, 10:44:56 AM10/2/18
to efficient-java-mat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing!

Out of curiosity, what's the biggest bottle neck?

Cheers,
- Peter

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

Matías Roodschild

Oct 2, 2018, 7:24:34 PM10/2/18
to efficient-java-matrix-library-discuss
I was using the library and I could test it against another, but the main bottleneck are the multiplications, maybe the implementation of threads would be good, and even more the implementation of GPU, although in favor I can say that the library is very light and portable, what made me decide for EJML. If you pass me your email I can send you the test that I did (it is in spanish but it is easy to read). I was looking for people who could do multi trheads, but I had no luck.
In terms of performance, EJML behaves very well, most of the performance problems I had correspond to my own implementation.
I also understand that implementing multi threads is an art. So I am considering implementing them a little more at a high level. I'm still not sure, but maybe I'll implement a convolution network soon, or a neural network of the LSTM type. But it depends on the laboratory where I work.

Cheers,
- Matías.