EFBC-Feline Conservation Center Fall News

Cat House News

Sep 12, 2015, 8:36:43 PM9/12/15
to EFBC-FelineConservationCenter
Jun 14
2015 event dates are coming up! Fall Twilight Tour will be in 2 weeks, Saturday September 26, tickets are $20 each adults 18+ only.  Finally, Kids Day will be October 17. The Star Party/Red Light Tours held in August were so much fun we may do it again in December, stay tuned!

We have have extra, temporary residents at Twilight Tour. On September 9, Project Survival's Cat Haven (www.cathaven.com) was told to evacuate due to the Rough fire. They had 34 cats to find temporary homes for, and we took in 13 on September 10/11. We hope their facility is not damaged and everyone can go home soon. Three of the cats were born here at EFBC - Butch the jaguar, Shebeth the leopard, and Garab the Pallas' cat. If you're ever in the King's Canyon area you should visit the Cat Haven. As a non-profit organization, EFBC’s funding commitments are fairly well budgeted for its current population of more than 70 of its own residents.  However, with these unexpected guests, the cost of upkeep has immediately and significantly increased, and must be maintained for an undetermined time.  Given this new situation, EFBC is asking for the public’s help and is seeking donations in support of rescue efforts and to help with the unexpected expenses. We are housing several staff members from the Cat Haven who will be taking car of their animals while here.  Donations should be addressed to the “EFBC Cat Rescue Fund.”

Next year's Twilight Tour dates are: April 30, June 25, and September 17.

Feline Follies will be August 13 with a theme of "The Wild West".

We are still raising money to replace our small public restroom with an improved facility.

If you love to shop online, please remember us, those free-to-you donations really add up for us! Just start at our web page or these links:
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/?&tag=felineconservati&camp=216797&creative=394585&linkCode=ur1&adid=0B5KE87M46JR1VJJ0PNH&
IGive: http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=31&mid=270
GoodShop: http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx

PLEASE NOTE: Every September 1st Ralphs requires rewards members to re-register their charity of choice!
Ralphs rewards is a free donation program. When you shop at Ralphs and use your rewards card, Ralphs will donate a percentage of your purchases to EFBC/FCC. The more you buy, the higher a percentage Ralphs will donate. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to register EFBC/FCC as your charity of choice today.
1. Go to www.ralphs.com
2. Sign in to or Register for Ralphs rewards account
3. Click on “My Account”
4. Click on “Community Rewards”
5. Fill out the required information
6. To designate EFBC/FCC as your charity – Enter NPO # 82845
7. Save all changes

Auto Generated Inline Image 1