EFBC's Feline Conservation Center July News

Cat House News

Jul 1, 2017, 8:17:14 PM7/1/17
to EFBC-FelineConservationCenter
Another year is flying by!  It's only 6 weeks until our Fabulous Feline Follies on August 12. Please join us for a fun evening with your favorite cats and other animal friends. Dr Beth Pratt-Bergstrom of the California National Wildlife Federation will be our special guest as we celebrate "Living with Wildlife". Beth is the voice of P-22 Mountain Lion of Griffith Park and is helping #saveLAcougars raise funds to build an overpass over the 101 freeway. Come take a selfie with P22, bid on fabulous auction items, and talk to fellow cat enthusiasts. Tickets are $80 each and must be purchased a week in advance. Sponsors needed!

We'd like to introduce you to our newest residents, Thelma and Louise, two Canada lynx sisters from the Montreal Biodome - see attached photo.

Our new restroom is closer to completion, but first we have to repair the gift shop from damage sustained in the winter storms. It is closed for the next 6 weeks, opening just before Follies. When that is done we can start installation of a modular bathroom trailer. We still need more funds to complete these repairs and installations.

Our last Twilight Tour of the year will be Saturday September 16. Adults (18+ years) will get the opportunity to explore behind the scenes as the back areas are open. For $20 per person, prepaid guests can enter at 5 pm while people paying at the door will wait until 5:30 or when the prepaid line is gone. Bring cash for the bake sale, barbecue, and raffle!

Other event dates will be:

Kids Day - October 21 2017

I hope you are following our Facebook page for all the latest photos.

If you love to shop online, please remember us, those free-to-you donations really add up for us! Just start at our web page or these links:
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/?&tag=felineconservati&camp=216797&creative=394585&linkCode=ur1&adid=0B5KE87M46JR1VJJ0PNH&
IGive: http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=31&mid=270
GoodShop: http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx

PLEASE NOTE: Every September 1st Ralphs requires rewards members to re-register their charity of choice!
Ralphs rewards is a free donation program. When you shop at Ralphs and use your rewards card, Ralphs will donate a percentage of your purchases to EFBC/FCC. The more you buy, the higher a percentage Ralphs will donate. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to register EFBC/FCC as your charity of choice today.
1. Go to www.ralphs.com
2. Sign in to or Register for Ralphs rewards account
3. Click on “My Account”
4. Click on “Community Rewards”
5. Fill out the required information
6. To designate EFBC/FCC as your charity – Enter NPO # 82845
lynx_2447.jpg
beth_poster_sm.jpg
bathroom.jpg