EFBC's Feline Conservation Center November News

Cat House News

Nov 9, 2016, 12:10:01 PM11/9/16
to EFBC-FelineConservationCenter
MORE sand cat kittens! EFBC's Feline Conservation Center is proud to announce a THIRD litter this year, 5 kittens in this one (12 kittens total between the 3 litters). In each breeding pair one of the adults are siblings born at the Novosibirsk Zoo, so all the kittens are first cousins. The father of the newest litter came from the Tallinn Zoo. We import cats from overseas to bring new bloodlines into the captive US population. Our kittens will reinvigorate the sand cat breeding program across the US.

One more event this year will be another of the popular After Dark Red Light Tours, on December 3. This is a special opportunity for guests to visit the center and enjoy guided tours of its exhibit area felines under the cover of darkness. First tour at 5:00 pm and the last tour departs at 8 pm. $10 per person per tour (all ages). No need to bring a flashlight.

The other sand cat kittens (4 born August 2, 3 born February 29) and Pallas' cat kittens (born March 28) are all doing great, I hope you are following our Facebook page for all the latest photos.

Plan ahead for 2017!  Our event dates will be:

Military Appreciation Days - May 28 & 29 2017

Twilight Tours - April 29, June 24, September 16 2017

Fabulous Feline Follies - 12 August 2017

Kids Day - October 21 2017

We are still raising money to replace our small public restroom with an improved facility.

If you love to shop online, please remember us, those free-to-you donations really add up for us! Just start at our web page or these links:
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/?&tag=felineconservati&camp=216797&creative=394585&linkCode=ur1&adid=0B5KE87M46JR1VJJ0PNH&
IGive: http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=31&mid=270
GoodShop: http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx

PLEASE NOTE: Every September 1st Ralphs requires rewards members to re-register their charity of choice!
Ralphs rewards is a free donation program. When you shop at Ralphs and use your rewards card, Ralphs will donate a percentage of your purchases to EFBC/FCC. The more you buy, the higher a percentage Ralphs will donate. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to register EFBC/FCC as your charity of choice today.
1. Go to www.ralphs.com
2. Sign in to or Register for Ralphs rewards account
3. Click on “My Account”
4. Click on “Community Rewards”
5. Fill out the required information
6. To designate EFBC/FCC as your charity – Enter NPO # 82845
7. Save all changes
5sc_1722.jpg