URGENT ! SANTA needs YOUR help this xmas ...

efarm Venky

Dec 25, 2013, 10:28:00 AM12/25/13
to ef...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 2
Got a smart phone/tab from SANTA this xmas ? CONGRADS !!

Now how about 'free cycling' your OLD, UN-USED , 'DUMB' phone to someone less privileged to spread the xmas cheer ?

Want to help SANTA , CLEAN the junk from your cup boards , SAVE the environment  AND fix the AGRI-CRISIS ?
Being a GOOD boy was never easier  !  Read on -->

Can you believe that, most small farmers and neighborhood vegetable vendors  who form the crucial link in the food reaching your plate each day ,  operate without a mobile phone ? !!! With over 700 million mobile users and growing , even We couldn't first understand how there can be such a key gap. Based on our experiences working with thousands of such people each day  2 key reasons :

  1. They are less educated (most cant even read/write their OWN mother tongue and never been to school ) .As most CANT's SIGN their names (even in OWN language) or fill the long TRAI FORMS (remember govt insisting this to fight 'terrorrists' ) most dont even get a SIM/Number.
  2. phones interface is in english , they are not trained to use them.
How is eFarm helping them ?

  • We are working with local telecom providers/shops to get them SIMs and numbers .
  • We are registering them online , publish their contact details , key demand/supply information .
  • We are teaching them basic phone usage using ENGLISH keypads and ICONS for make/receive calls etc
  • Through call centre we are providing them mutual buyer/seller information via 'voice calls' to improve their business
  • We send them SMS in their INDIAN langauges to those who have basic literacy in mother tongue

What phones do we prefer ?

any old 'basic model' mobile phone in working condition+charger
(prefer Nokia's old models or similar from samsung/LG)

Why 'OLD/DUMB' phones are better ?

  • They are more sturdy / rugged
  • longer battery life / chargers are cheaper
  • Better VOICE quality / basic support for INDIAN LANGUAGE SMS
  • Simpler GUI  - easy to train 'visually'
  • Easier to repair/ replace
  • IS cheap - often people dont mind donating for FREE !
Inline image 4

How to send ?

a) If in Chennai :

we can pick up if close to our office (or) you are free to drop-by .We are located at :

No 11 Loganathan colony Mylapore Chennai-4
(Landmark - citicentre mall/inox theatre in radha krishnan salai)
Ph : 9176072449 / 044-24660613 / ve...@efarmdirect.com

b) If outstation :

Please send by Postal mail via India Post / Courier to our address above .

Payments/ Tax benefits ?

  • Though we cant reimburse monetarily or provide  tax benefits (as we are NOT an NGO)
  • But we will be happy to share your details, pics , and our thank you note in our web/facebook pages

So Go ahead.. Make SANTA happy by gifting someone less privileged than YOU

clear your cupboards | save the environment | help fix the food crisis | be a super hero/heroin

ALL by just donating your old e-wastes

Being a GOOD Boy/Girl was NEVER easier...

mobile-phones_cmyk.173114552.jpg
wanttohelpsanta_v2.jpg