Statement of solidarity

ยอดดู 5 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

EENPS (Borut Trpin)

ยังไม่อ่าน,
26 ก.พ. 2565 02:36:2326/2/65
ถึง eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Statement of solidarity with our colleagues in Ukraine

It is with great sadness that we note the start of the war in Ukraine. The East European Network for Philosophy of Science (EENPS) stands in solidarity with the people of Ukraine. We also stress our solidarity with the philosophers of science and the wider academic community in this country, and commit to offer them as much support as we can.

We are proud to have members from both Ukraine and Russia and we know that they are against the war. One of the central aims of the EENPS is to establish closer collaboration and exchange of knowledge between philosophers of science in the region, and the outbreak of a war goes against this central aim and our values. We therefore condemn every form of military aggression which will inevitably lead to suffering and loss of human lives, and hope for the much needed peace.

Borut Trpin, coordinator of the EENPS,
Daniel Kostić, member of the steering committee,
Martin Zach, member of the steering committee,
Magdalena Małecka, member of the steering committee,
Özlem Yılmaz, member of the steering committee,
Sorin Bangu, member of the steering committee,
Vlasta Sikimić, member of the steering committee,
Maria Panagiotatou, member of the steering committee,
Richard David-Rus, member of the steering committee

Tomas Marvan

ยังไม่อ่าน,
28 ก.พ. 2565 04:50:5728/2/65
ถึง eenps_...@googlegroups.com

Dear Borut and other fellow network members,

thank you for this statement of solidarity, which I wholeheartedly support.

Let me use this opportunity to ask you about the following matter. Our Institute in Prague is considering creating a special stipend for Ukrainian scholars working in philosophy. As I unfortunately do not know any Ukrainian philosophers, I would appreciate information about Ukrainian colleagues working in philosophy of science, or in analytic philosophy more broadly, who might be interested in applying for this funding.

Kind regards,

Tomas Marvan

Dne 26.2.2022 v 8:36 EENPS (Borut Trpin) napsal(a):
--
Website: https://eenps.weebly.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EastEuropeanNetworkforPhilosophyofScience/

Avast logo

Елена Труфанова

ยังไม่อ่าน,
28 ก.พ. 2565 05:22:3528/2/65
ถึง Tomas Marvan, eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tomas,

Maybe it would be worth sending this information to the Faculty of Philosophy of the Kiev University, they have a Department for the Philosophy of Science, here's the link: http://www.philosophy.univ.kiev.ua/en/view/phil_method_sci_dept/54/23/8

Best regards,
Elena

пн, 28 февр. 2022 г. в 12:50, Tomas Marvan <mar...@flu.cas.cz>:

--
C уважением, Елена

Best regards, Elena

P.S. Пожалуйста, подтвердите получение письма.

Michal Hladky

ยังไม่อ่าน,
28 ก.พ. 2565 14:42:1328/2/65
ถึง Елена Труфанова, Tomas Marvan, eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

First, let me thank you for the statement of solidarity.

EENPS should play an important role in coordinating efforts and information about initiatives such as the one coming from Prague.

I would suggest creating a special section on the web for scholarships, events, contacts, etc.

One event that might be of interest for EENPS and beyond is the international seminar on Philosophy in Lviv (details below). I guess that the participants at the conference will be able to suggest how to go about different projects and stipends.

International Seminar:

Philosophy in Lviv (Ukraine), intellectual capital of Central Europe (1900-1939)

Thursday, 3 March 2022, at 19:00 CET (Nancy/Krakow) / 18:00 UTC (Dublin) / 13:00 UTC-5 (Montréal)

Duration: 2 hours on Zoom

To receive the connection information, please register here:
https://forms.gle/MGkJFKp86yXjpvoo6

Facebook event

Today, Ukraine is facing a heartbreaking military attack – we hope that this will not last. The country is at the same time victim of humiliating Russian propaganda, aiming at its legitimacy and dignity, and rewriting its history.

We, philosophers who have devoted an important part of our professional life to the philosophy practised in Lviv, one of the most inspiring Ukrainian cities, would like to speak again about this unique intellectual heritage.

This meeting will reunite international experts in the philosophy done at the University of Lviv, in particular in the first 40 years of the twentieth century. We will talk about the school of thought founded by Kazimierz Twardowski, which gathered Ukrainians, Poles and Jews. A paradigmatic example of the culture of Mitteleuropa, this school was a modern, pluralistic space of languages and cultures, where the quest for truth and respectful dialogue were the fundamental values.

Join us to celebrate Ukraine and its thriving intellectual history.

Participants (the list is not final)

  • Prof. Jan H. Wolenski, Jagiellonian University (Poland)
  • Prof. Peter Simons, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
  • Prof. Mathieu Marion, Université du Québec à Montréal (Canada)
  • Dr. Anna C. Zielinska, Université de Lorraine à Nancy (France)

@Tomas Marvan : Could you tell us more about it? Are you looking for post-docs or PhD candidates? Should they be attached to a Ukrainian university or with Ukrainian citizenship?

Best regards,

Michal Hladky

Tomas Marvan

ยังไม่อ่าน,
1 มี.ค. 2565 04:14:411/3/65
ถึง eenps_...@googlegroups.com

Dear Michal,

thank you for your question.

The form of the support will be discussed today at the meeting of the Institute's board. A paralell program of support is debated at the level of the Czech Academy as a whole. I will keep you all posted about the details when they are announced.

Best wishes,

Tomas

Dne 28.02.2022 v 20:42 Michal Hladky napsal(a):

Magdalena Małecka

ยังไม่อ่าน,
1 มี.ค. 2565 04:18:251/3/65
ถึง Michal Hladky, Елена Труфанова, Tomas Marvan, eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michal,

Thank you for your email and suggestions. Yes, we will coordinate efforts. We start working on this.
We also encourage all members of the network to get in touch with us in case you know about similar initiatives to the one mentioned by Tomas.
With best wishes,
Magdalena

On 28. Feb 2022, at 20.42, Michal Hladky <michal...@gmail.com> wrote:

EENPS (Borut Trpin)

ยังไม่อ่าน,
1 มี.ค. 2565 14:13:351/3/65
ถึง eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear members,

here’s another opportunity for Ukrainian scientists — to visit The Polish Academy of Sciences within the framework of cooperation with the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU).

We started to gather information about the opportunities here: https://eenps.weebly.com/scholarships-events-contacts.html

Best wishes,
Borut

Tomas Marvan

ยังไม่อ่าน,
2 มี.ค. 2565 04:27:152/3/65
ถึง eenps_...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Borut.

Meanwhile, there is a new program launched by the Czech foundation Neuron.

https://www.nfneuron.cz/novinky/pomoc-mladym-ukrajinskym-vedcum

Feel free to post it on the EENPS website.

The announcement is (so far) only in Czech, so here's automated translation:

"The Neuron Foundation for the Support of Science, its patrons and IOCB Tech have teamed up to help young scientists who are leaving Ukraine in the current situation and looking for a new refuge in the Czech Republic. Each of the recipients of the extraordinary grant will receive 200,000 CZK for the first costs of accommodation and setting up facilities. /approx. 8000,- Euros, T.M./

Conditions for the grant - a Ukrainian scientist can apply with the help of a sponsor from a Czech research institution:

1) at least three years of work in a scientific institution based in Ukraine
2) a declaration of no personal, official, property or any other links to persons on the EU sanctions list published in connection with the Russian aggression against Ukraine
3) a positive written statement from the Czech research institution about the applicant's professional qualities and a declaration that it takes patronage of the smooth integration of the researcher - it will help with finding housing, concluding a work contract and assisting with all other legal steps

To apply for an NF Neuron grant, please download and complete the application form and send it to in...@nfneuron.cz.

The amount of the grant is 200,000 CZK per candidate, the amount allocated so far from the donation of NF Neuron and IOCB Tech is 2,000,000 CZK.

Best,

Tomas

Dne 01.03.2022 v 20:13 EENPS (Borut Trpin) napsal(a):

Michal Hladky

ยังไม่อ่าน,
2 มี.ค. 2565 06:03:172/3/65
ถึง Tomas Marvan, eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Thank you once more for all this effort. You might have a look at the following site: https://scienceforukraine.eu/

I have a couple of suggestions concerning the web-site that could help streamline the communication of the network.

If this is feasible, the EENPS could create a new tab in the main menu dedicated to Ukraine, maybe "Solidarity with Ukraine".

In the sub-sections, the EENPS can gather the
1) declarations of solidarity issued by different Universities and academic institutions - often these contain links to concrete measures that are being put in place

Swiss universities:
University of Geneva:

2) Projects for philosophers (by countries and research institutions)
Czech republic

Poland

Switzerland
EPFL (Lausanne): "Lab for the History of Science & Technology at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne is looking for a Ukrainian historian or sociologist of science and technology at risk from the war."
ETH Zurich: "ETH Zurich is ready to host an Ukrainian researcher/student/intern generally interested in machine learning research, fully paid with all costs covered."

The https://scienceforukraine.eu/ provides a map of different projects, but it is not possible to filter the offers by domain. There are some projects that could be interesting for philosophers (of science), but are not described as such. We could select such offers and post them in this section.

3) General support for scholars

Switzerland
University of Geneva: Researchers and teachers at risk due to the situation in Ukraine can get advice and guidance from integ...@unige.ch.

4) Academic events (Conferences, workshops, etc.)

International Seminar: Philosophy in Lviv (Ukraine), intellectual capital of Central Europe (1900-1939)

5) Other

To wrap it up, I would suggest to create a tab on the EENPS web with the following format

Solidarity with Ukraine
- Declarations of solidarity
- Projects for philosophers
- Support for scholars
- Academic events
- Other

In order to gather this information quickly, we could create an online form and ask our members to fill in the information concerning their home institutions.

I hope at least some of these suggestions could be useful to the EENPS members. If you would prefer to discuss in a more narrow circle, please let me know.

Best regards,

Michal

Vladimir Drekalovic

ยังไม่อ่าน,
8 มี.ค. 2565 04:46:168/3/65
ถึง EENPS (Borut Trpin), eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Below is information on the help that the University of Montenegro offers to our colleagues in Ukraine.

Rector of the University of Montenegro prof. Dr Vladimir Bozovic sent a letter to the Ambassadors of Ukraine to Montenegro Natalia Fialka and Montenegro to Ukraine Dragica Ponorac, inviting 10 interested researchers of the Ukrainian academic community to temporarily stay in Montenegro, taking into account the current circumstances in Ukraine.

The University of Montenegro will provide living expenses for members of the academic community of Ukraine, including engagement at the University, in the capacity of visiting professors and researchers.

Best,

Vladimir Drekalović

Magdalena Małecka

ยังไม่อ่าน,
8 มี.ค. 2565 08:07:508/3/65
ถึง Vladimir Drekalovic, EENPS (Borut Trpin), eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vladimir,
Thank you very much for this! We will add information about this opportunity to the list on the EENPS website. I think that info in English and/or Ukrainian would be helpful though. I couldn't find other linguistic versions on the university's website.
Could we mention you on our website as a contact person in case anyone would like to inquire about this offer?
With best wishes,
Magdalena

--

dr Magdalena Małecka
Assistant Professor & COFUND Fellow, Aarhus University, Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies

Vladimir Drekalovic

ยังไม่อ่าน,
8 มี.ค. 2565 11:02:428/3/65
ถึง Magdalena Małecka, EENPS (Borut Trpin), eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Magdalena,

Perhaps it is best to put contact the number of the Ukrainian Embassy in Montenegro (00382 20 227 521) and the official e-mail of the Rectorate of the University of Montenegro (rek...@ac.me). These two institutions have all the information about it. The information is published on the website of the University of Montenegro.

Best,

Vladimir
ตอบทุกคน
ตอบกลับผู้สร้าง