Permanent Position at Polytechnic University of the Marches at Ancona (RTD-B)

Borut Trpin

Apr 18, 2021, 2:52:34 PM4/18/21
to eenps_...@googlegroups.com
Dear EENPS members,

the call below may be of interest to some of you.

Best wishes,
Borut

Call for a Tenure Track position in Logic and Philosophy of Science.

The Polytechnic University of the Marches just launched a series of CfAs for Tenure track positions in various disciplinary fields in order to reinforce our academic staff and upgrade the University ranking at the national and international level.
One of the positions is dedicated to topics in Logic and Philosophy of Science, the position is also intended to start a Master Program in "Statistics and the Foundations of the Sciences". The Program would involve cutting edge lecturers and attract international students from across Europe and other continents.

The position consists in a 3-year contract as Assistant Professor, which by default becomes a permanent position at the expiry of the contract (RTD-B in the Italian System). The application documents need to be sent by standard mail or courier strictly within the submission deadline: 13th May. As an alternative also certified e-mail (PEC) can be used.

The selected candidate would join a lively, interdisciplinary community (forensic sciences and legal theory, statistics, medical methodology, philosophy of science and Bayesian epistemology, AI and ML). We regularly collaborate with cutting edge research institutions and scholars around the world and we have stable research connections with the LLC (Turin).
We are developing an interdisciplinary "Center for Philosophy, Science, and Policy" (in strong collaboration with the Faculty of Economics and the other Faculties) which the appointed scholar would help us to consolidate. The Center aims to gather philosophers, scientists and policymakers with a focus on the following fields of research:
1. Scientific models and models of scientific inference;
2. (Probabilistic) reasoning in the sciences;
3. Scientific method;
4. Philosophy of Statistics;
5. (Formal) Epistemology;
6. Social Epistemology;
7. Rational choice (in the science);
8. Science Economics;
9. Science Regulation and Policy;
10. Science-based policies;
11. Science Ethics;
12. History and Philosophy of Science.

Candidates for the Call would preferably work in any of these areas of research, but the Call is open to all interested scholars in the field of Logic, Philosophy of Science and Epistemology.
For any enquiry please contact: b.os...@univpm.it.