CfP: Multiconference Information Society 2022 COGNITIVE SCIENCE CONFERENCE

Borut Trpin

Jun 22, 2022, 5:51:08 AM6/22/22
to eenps_...@googlegroups.com

Call for papers

Multiconference Information Society 2022 COGNITIVE SCIENCE CONFERENCE

This year, the Slovenian Cognitive Science conference – organised by the Slovenian Society for Cognitive Science – will be held again as part of the multiconference Information Society at Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana.

This year’s conference topic will be “Cognitive Aspects of Trust in Science”. We are interested in psychological aspects of trust in science and some of the questions that we want to address are when and why someone trusts or distrusts science, what trust in science entails, whether it is different from trust in general and so on. On the other hand, we also want to address normative questions related to cognition as it relates to trust in science. For instance, we seek answers to questions like when and why ought someone trust or distrust science, what trust in science means from an epistemic viewpoint, how it relates to risk, and how it relates to trust in experts and trust in other sources (e.g., trust in artificial agents in artificial intelligence).

Papers from other areas of cognitive science will be considered as well since we want to highlight the diversity of topics, problems, methods, and insights that are characteristic of contemporary cognitive science. Papers from all the constitutive areas will be considered: neuroscience, philosophy, artificial intelligence, psychology, linguistics, anthropology, educational sciences, economy, and other applicable areas. The program committee will especially value works with interdisciplinary nature, attempting to bridge the gap between discipline- specific research approaches, terminologies, and viewpoints.

In hope the conference will foster an open space for networking, debate, and exchange of knowledge – connecting local and international, young, and seasoned researchers – we invite all who wish to present their empirical or theoretical work to submit their extended abstracts.

Submission, review process, publication

Please submit your extended abstract of 4 pages (including references), formatted according to the multiconference template, through the EasyChair platform (the links to the EasyChair conference platform and the template are available at the multiconference webpage: https://is.ijs.si/?page_id=14415).

Extended abstracts will go through a review process. Both English and Slovenian language papers are welcome; in case you will submit your work in Slovenian language, include the English title, keywords and abstract in the manuscript.

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Longer versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in the interdisciplinary journal INDECS (http://www.indecs.eu).

Deadlines and dates

  • -  Submission deadline: September 1, 2022

  • -  Notification to authors: September 10, 2022

  • -  Camera-ready papers (submission of final version): September 20, 2022

  • -  Date of the conference: October 13 (Note: in case of a larger number of accepted papers, the conference will also take place on October 14.)

    Further information

    The language of presentation is English or the language in which the abstract was submitted. Attending the conference is free of charge but authors of papers must register at the Information Society multiconference webpage (https://is.ijs.si/?lang=en) and pay the registration fee. For all students the conference fee is 25 euro, for alumni of the MEi:CogSci program, not employed and retirees 50 euro, for others 100 euro.

    Please contact i...@ijs.si with questions regarding the submission and registration procedure; for other matters contact kogni...@guest.arnes.si. For further information see the multiconference webpage http://is.ijs.si/

Call for papers COG SCI-IS2022 (ang & slo).pdf