General: How it works

Ottawan

Mar 21, 2007, 11:15:33 AM3/21/07
to Eelam Economy
Giving all citizens knowledge is very powerful. The first step is to
make that knowledge available.
>From Youtube to HomeDepot, the tools are made for people to explore.

Once it was suggested to make a such a site in Tamil.

Here are some interesting sites of interest:
General : http://www.howstuffworks.com/
Hydro Power: http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/hyhowworks.html
GPS system: http://www.go.ednet.ns.ca/~larry/gps/gps_talk.html

Many latest tech here: http://www.time4.com/time4/microsites/popsci/howitworks/index.html

Ottawan

Apr 3, 2007, 2:19:22 PM4/3/07
to Eelam Economy
Statistics show $93bn in remittances is sent by migrants overseas to
Africa each year and M-Pesa hopes to tap into this transfer of funds.

A sim card is needed to operate an M-Pesa account. This has a money
transfer menu that allows account funds to be managed.

"You just deposit cash to one of M-Pesa shop and we issue you with e-
value cash voucher on your M-pesa account" "The vouchers can be cashed
at any appointed agent across the country."

http://www.safaricom.co.ke/2005/default.asp

CAPitalZ

Apr 17, 2007, 12:18:24 AM4/17/07
to Eelam Economy
I saw on TV, that some country in South Africa. They transfer money
through phone SMS [text message]. just using phone they send money to
another person with phone. no need for a computer or a bank

_______
CAPitalZ
http://adadaa.com/