Change currency in Open edx courses

manoj kharol

Aug 27, 2019, 1:00:03 AM8/27/19
to General Open edX discussion
Hello,

I want to set the currency from usd to inr in the new Open edx version Ironwood. Please tell me how I can achieve this.

Thanks

Pierre Mailhot

Aug 27, 2019, 2:32:34 PM8/27/19
to General Open edX discussion
There are multiples places where the currency is being used.

The first place to change it in Open edX would be in /edx/app/edxapp/lms.env.json

For example :

    "PAID_COURSE_REGISTRATION_CURRENCY": [

        "cad",

        "$"

    ],

You need to replace cad by the value for your currency and then $ by the symbol for your currency.

You will also need to recompile your assets and restart the services.

Depending if you are using the old shopping cart and ecommerce there are other places in the code where you may need to change it. I suggest looking at the code for instances where usd or USD is being used.

Pierre Mailhot

Aug 27, 2019, 2:47:59 PM8/27/19
to General Open edX discussion
NOTE: This Google Group has been deprecated. Please visit discuss.openedx.org  for future discussions.

manoj kharol

Aug 28, 2019, 2:01:47 AM8/28/19
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. Changing in lms.env.json file dosen't change price in ecommerce. I want to add price country specifically in ecommerce and also integration with paypal accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

--
***Please note! This Google Group has been deprecated - visit https://discuss.openedx.org/
---

shiv om sharma

Sep 4, 2019, 1:21:04 AM9/4/19
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Anyone have an idea to enable programs in open-edx? I have created a program put two courses into it, but when I click on the program tab it will show a blank page like that. It will not show the program which I created earlier.

image.png

Thanks

--
***Please note! This Google Group has been deprecated - visit https://discuss.openedx.org/
---

Mahyar Damavand

Sep 4, 2019, 4:03:43 AM9/4/19
to General Open edX discussion
Hello shiv om sharma,
It's not a good idea to ask your question under another question where there is no relating between them.
this way your question will not attract enough attention.
also google groups are going to be shutdown.
please register and ask your question in the new discussion forum.

--

مهیار دماوند
Mahyar Damavand

ODS_steel