Progress Indicators

Brandon

Jul 18, 2018, 10:34:14 AM7/18/18
to General Open edX discussion
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to display progress indicators across the navigation bar of my Open Edx site. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? It doesn't matter what kind of problem or content I'm presenting to the user, I still see no 'green check marks.' I'm using the latest Hawthorn release RC1. Any ideas?

Brandon

Jul 25, 2018, 11:35:23 AM7/25/18
to General Open edX discussion
In case someone is facing the same issue, I finally figured it out. I don't know if I'm enabling the indicators in the proper 'Open edX' way but here's what I did:
  • in your browser, navigate to:
    your-site-name/admin/waffle/switch/
  • add a new switch
    • Name:
      completion.enable_completion_tracking

    • check 'Active'
Now, when you work in a course, the progress indicators (those little green checkmarks) will appear in the navigation bar and on the course outline page. If you watch the logs from inside a Unit, you should see edX making a POST request which marks the unit as complete.

Antoine

Jul 26, 2018, 10:31:49 AM7/26/18
to General Open edX discussion
I am having the same issue, and this doesn't work:

your-site-name/admin/waffle/switch/

I get this:

Could you help me out?

Brandon

Jul 26, 2018, 11:23:16 AM7/26/18
to General Open edX discussion
Can you access the Django admin? Something like:

http://localhost:18000/admin/

Lupus Furyo

Jul 30, 2018, 5:45:06 AM7/30/18
to General Open edX discussion
Hi Brandon,
Thank you very much for sharing it. Your solution works perfectly well on Hawthorn.1 RC3.

Tri Dang

Jan 9, 2019, 9:36:28 AM1/9/19
to General Open edX discussion
You saved my day, Brandon. Thanks for sharing.
I cannot find out this in edx documentation. Could you show links or documents about waffle switches?

Brandon

Jan 9, 2019, 10:15:35 AM1/9/19
to General Open edX discussion
I haven't been able to find any edX specific documentation related to waffle. You can read about it briefly here: https://www.appsembler.com/blog/open-edx-hawthorn/. Here is the official Django Waffle Documentation: https://waffle.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

Aneesha Bakharia

Nov 8, 2019, 6:45:34 AM11/8/19
to General Open edX discussion
Hi

I've turned the admin/waffle/switch/ with completion.enable_completion_tracking to active but am still not seeing any green ticks in Ironwood? Has anything changed in Ironwood?

Regards

Aneesha