How to host selective MooC courses on your own Edx Instance that are currently offered by Edx Site

M. Ali Siddiqui

Aug 4, 2019, 7:39:43 PM8/4/19
to General Open edX discussion
I am in process of installing a edx instance which comes with some demo courses. I would like to host some of the MooC courses that are currently hosted at edx and coursera through my own EdX instance. Does anyone what will be the process?

Ned Batchelder

Aug 4, 2019, 7:41:42 PM8/4/19
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
The course on edX are not open-source. They are owned by the institutions that authored them.  You would have to work out an arrangement with them, but as far as I know, they do not allow other sites to run their courses.  Maybe I am wrong about that.

Coursera courses are a completely different technology. In addition to the intellectual property concerns, technically I don't know if there is a way to move a Coursera course to an Open edX site.

--Ned.

--
***Please note! This Google Group has been deprecated - visit https://discuss.openedx.org/
---