PHACTS Error

Austin Theroux

Aug 3, 2021, 4:49:08 PM8/3/21
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi,

I'm trying to run PHACTS on a protein sequence FASTA file, but after submitting the sequence it runs for a while and I consistently get simultaneous errors on both lifestyle and gram-stain jobs. See screenshot below for error screen. I've used both .fasta and .fasta.gz files with the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.39.36 PM.png

Kate

Aug 4, 2021, 7:21:52 PM8/4/21
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi, there was an error with uploading gzipped files, that I have just now fixed.  However any .fasta files should have worked.  I could see your job RID folders, but they were all empty.  There is a chance the fileserver went down yesterday, so no files could be created?   Are you able to run the example lambda.faa file through?

Austin Theroux

Aug 5, 2021, 9:42:53 AM8/5/21
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi,
Thanks so much for your response. I tried using the lambda.faa file but ended up with the same result. My protocol is Upload File > lambda.faa > Start > Submit sequences. Am I doing anything wrong? Here's my error page:Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 9.24.21 AM.png
I appreciate your help and thank you for your time!
Austin

Kate

Aug 5, 2021, 2:19:32 PM8/5/21
to Edwards Lab Tools
There might be something with your browser?  It looks like that RID 16281695203 worked, I can see the results if I go to the retrieve page.

I can also see the results of what I think is your real job, which has an "Annotations-.peptide.fasta.gz" file that was uploaded, which also completed successfully.

Austin Theroux

Aug 5, 2021, 3:10:43 PM8/5/21
to Edwards Lab Tools
Yes, you're right! I tried it again with Safari and it worked fine. The browser it didn't work on was Mozilla Firefox. Thanks so much for your help!