Unable to connect and download databases

star...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2015, 6:20:08 AM8/4/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi,

I am having an issue connecting to the deconseq databases link in the reference manual (ftp://edwards.sdsu.edu:7009/deconseq/db/). I have created my own chicken DB but need the bacterial and virus databases. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Victoria

harriet...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2015, 3:58:18 PM8/11/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hello,

I am also unable to connect to the ftp site (ftp://edwards.sdsu.edu:7009/deconseq/db/) and would be interested to use the bacterial database.

Thank you,

Harriet

erica

Aug 20, 2015, 5:03:27 PM8/20/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
Is there any possibility of these databases being brought back online? I too would like to use the bacterial db.

xvaz...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2015, 11:12:02 PM9/13/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
I'm also unable to connect to the ftp site. It's been 6 weeks since first post.

Any plans on having them available again?

Thanks

Xabier

Kate

Sep 14, 2015, 8:04:50 PM9/14/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
It appears the SDSU firewall is blocking the FTP site.  I moved the databases to an HTTP page for the time being.

https://edwards.sdsu.edu/~katelyn/DECONSEQ/

brett

Sep 15, 2015, 9:40:29 PM9/15/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi Kate,

Thanks for helping out. I am still having difficulty accessing the files. I can navigate to the directory you've linked, but when I try to download a file I get a permissions error:
----
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~katelyn/DECONSEQ/bactDB_s1.tar.gz on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at edwards.sdsu.edu Port 443
----

I get the error in a browser and in curl/wget. Thanks for your assistance!

Kate

Sep 16, 2015, 4:08:04 PM9/16/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
Ah had the wrong permissions set for the files.   They should be world readable now.  Let me know if you still cannot download.

brett

Sep 16, 2015, 8:21:01 PM9/16/15
to Edwards Lab Tools
I was able to grab the files. Thanks Kate!

davl...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017, 9:16:24 PM4/15/17
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hi Kate

I am too having difficulty downloading the database file. i have tryed both of those links. ( https://edwards.sdsu.edu/~katelyn/DECONSEQ/)
and (ftp://edwards.sdsu.edu:7009/deconseq/db/)
is there any possiblity to allow download these data base ?

thanks

gavinm...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2017, 11:58:32 AM4/27/17
to Edwards Lab Tools
I'm having the same issue and don't have permission to access https://edwards.sdsu.edu/~katelyn/DECONSEQ/. Is there anywhere else where these files can be downloaded?

Thanks,

Gavin

gisleves...@gmail.com

May 31, 2017, 9:22:35 AM5/31/17
to Edwards Lab Tools
I have taken the liberty of uploading the default databases at https://osf.io/egn6m/
until direct access is possible again.

Gisle Vestergaard
Helmholtz Zentrum München

alam hernandez

May 9, 2022, 4:51:34 PM5/9/22
to Edwards Lab Tools
thank you very much Gisle Vestergaard for your contribution, I've been looking for a solution for almost 2 weeks and finally find it in this post. the link still working.
greetings!