ERROR: input file for -fastq is in UNKNOWN format not in FASTQ format

shapi...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2020, 11:19:01 AM1/12/20
to Edwards Lab Tools
Hey there,

I'm using PRINSEQ-lite 0.20.4 wrapped with pipeline used in my lab. It seems the pipeline finds these files, but prinseq rejects their format.

This is the error I get (it repeats itself a few times):

-p destination: Broken pipe
ERROR: input file for -fastq is in UNKNOWN format not in FASTQ format.
Try 'perl prinseq-lite.pl -h' for more information.
Exit program.

For example, here are 4 lines from one of these files:

@SRR69293461 HWI-D00574:266:CALDFANXX:1:1101:2796:1745 length=101
CTTGTGAACAGAGACCAGCAGGCCACAAGAAACTTCGGCAAAAGTCAGCTCTCCAGCAAGGAACTTCTCCTTGATGAACTTCAGAGCAACATGAGTACCAA
+SRR6929346.1 HWI-D00574:266:CALDFANXX:1:1101:2796:1745 length=101
AAABBGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG>FDGGGGGGGGGGGFGGGGGGGGGFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG0EGFGCFGGGGBFGGGFGGGG

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Kobi