Python in Education planning for PyCon 2007

Jeffrey Elkner

Oct 16, 2006, 8:14:55 PM10/16/06
to edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org, geo...@rightinternet.com
Hi All,

I've created a link off the PyCon 2007 wiki to use to help us plan for Python in education activities at the conference:

http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/PyEdu

Please add your name to the list on the page if you are coming. Last year was a very productive one for Python in education. Projects such as RUR-PLE and Crunchy Frog are providing more and better tools for teaching programming with Python.

In addition to the EDU BOF dinner we had last year, it would be great if we could have some presentations with a Python in education focus, and perhaps a few project planning meetings and work sessions as well.

I'll be bringing two students and a former student who is now a Zope 3 developer. We will be staying for the first two days of the sprints to work on SchoolTool/CanDo.

Hope to see you at the conference...

jeff elkner

Andre Roberge

Oct 16, 2006, 9:05:10 PM10/16/06
to Jeffrey Elkner, edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org
I am hoping that I can find the time in my schedule to take a vacation
and join you all at PyCon 2007. Of course, if I do, I could give a
talk on RUR-PLE and Crunchy. ;-)

Thanks for creating that page and I will add my name if I can come; it
would be nice to meet "real" Python teachers and get some more ideas
to incorporate within Crunchy.

André